Millennium Films has picked up rights to The Paperboy, a sexual thriller based on the 1995 Peter Dexter novel that Dexter and Pedro Almodovar developed over 10 years. Matthew McConaughey, Tobey Maguire, Sofia Vergara and Zac Efron star, and Oscar-nominated director Lee Daniels directs and produces with Hilary Shor (Children Of Men). Avi Lerner, Trevor Short, Danny Dimbort and Cassian Elwes executive produce. The plot centers on an idealistic Miami reporter who returns to his Florida hometown to investigate the possibly unlawful imprisonment of a death-row inmate. The deal was put together by CAA, and Nu Image is handling foreign sales.
Cannes: Millennium/Nu Image To Deliver 'The Paperboy'
What's Hot on Deadline
Advertisers Exit Sean Hannity FNC Show As He Continues Peddling Seth Rich Murder Story On Other Platforms
Latest Film News
- Jerry Perenchio Dies: Hollywood Dealmaker & Former Univision CEO Was 86
- Andy Bellin Comes Aboard To Adapt ‘Drone Warrior’ For Michael Bay
- WGA Ratifies New Film & TV Contract
- Manchester Attack Updates: Six Arrested, Ariana Grande Suspends Tour & Tom Hardy Launches Fundraiser For Victims
- ICM Partners Ups Rich Green To Head Of Media Rights; Plumps Department
- Woody Harrelson’s One-Night, One-Take, Live Directorial Gamble Pays Off – Deadline Disruptors