Millennium Films has picked up rights to The Paperboy, a sexual thriller based on the 1995 Peter Dexter novel that Dexter and Pedro Almodovar developed over 10 years. Matthew McConaughey, Tobey Maguire, Sofia Vergara and Zac Efron star, and Oscar-nominated director Lee Daniels directs and produces with Hilary Shor (Children Of Men). Avi Lerner, Trevor Short, Danny Dimbort and Cassian Elwes executive produce. The plot centers on an idealistic Miami reporter who returns to his Florida hometown to investigate the possibly unlawful imprisonment of a death-row inmate. The deal was put together by CAA, and Nu Image is handling foreign sales.
Cannes: Millennium/Nu Image To Deliver 'The Paperboy'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Gotham’s Cory Michael Smith Joins ‘First Man’s Space Crew
- Frank Grillo, Jamie Bell To Topline ‘Donnybrook’; Yolonda Ross Joins ‘Out Of Blue’
- Peter Thiel-Backed Legal Startup Offers $100,000 To Women With Weinstein Claims
- Harvey Weinstein Resigns From TWC Board As Termination Ratified In Meeting
- ‘Almost Friends’ Acquired By Gravitas Ventures; Grasshopper Picks Up Iranian Drama ‘Ava’
- ‘Upgraded’: Ale Damiani To Helm Fox International Productions’ Latino Comedy