Millennium Films has picked up rights to The Paperboy, a sexual thriller based on the 1995 Peter Dexter novel that Dexter and Pedro Almodovar developed over 10 years. Matthew McConaughey, Tobey Maguire, Sofia Vergara and Zac Efron star, and Oscar-nominated director Lee Daniels directs and produces with Hilary Shor (Children Of Men). Avi Lerner, Trevor Short, Danny Dimbort and Cassian Elwes executive produce. The plot centers on an idealistic Miami reporter who returns to his Florida hometown to investigate the possibly unlawful imprisonment of a death-row inmate. The deal was put together by CAA, and Nu Image is handling foreign sales.
Cannes: Millennium/Nu Image To Deliver 'The Paperboy'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Mel Gibson’s Standing-O; Seth Rogen Talks Politics; No Denial Of Oscar Buzz For…
- Stephen Root Cast In ‘The Empty Man’; Mackenyu Joins ‘Pacific Rim’ Sequel
- Abrams Artists Taps Ashwant Venkatram As Digital Media Agent; R&C Hires Alisa Granz As EVP For Consumer Biz
- Jim Rash, Sasha Alexander, Bellamy Young & More Round The Cast Of ‘Bernard And Huey’
- Distributor-Financier 13 Films Taps Endgame Exec As VP
- WME-IMG China Appoints NBA Exec Michael Ma As CEO