Millennium Films has picked up rights to The Paperboy, a sexual thriller based on the 1995 Peter Dexter novel that Dexter and Pedro Almodovar developed over 10 years. Matthew McConaughey, Tobey Maguire, Sofia Vergara and Zac Efron star, and Oscar-nominated director Lee Daniels directs and produces with Hilary Shor (Children Of Men). Avi Lerner, Trevor Short, Danny Dimbort and Cassian Elwes executive produce. The plot centers on an idealistic Miami reporter who returns to his Florida hometown to investigate the possibly unlawful imprisonment of a death-row inmate. The deal was put together by CAA, and Nu Image is handling foreign sales.
Cannes: Millennium/Nu Image To Deliver 'The Paperboy'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest Film News
- Sen. Kamala Harris At CAA Take Action Day: We Are In “The Post-11/8 Era”
- Peter Bart: Gay Talese’s Famed “Frank Sinatra Has A Cold” Becomes Hot Movie Project
- ‘Nightwing’ Next Up To Bat As Warner Bros DC Pic
- CAA Take Action Day: Barbara Boxer On Meryl Streep, Kevin McCarthy On The Question Trump Asked Him Four Times
- Matt Ross To Direct TriStar’s Futuristic Crime Thriller ‘Tomorrow And Tomorrow’
- Charlize Theron & Seth Rogen Topline Comedy ‘Flarsky’