Millennium Films has picked up rights to The Paperboy, a sexual thriller based on the 1995 Peter Dexter novel that Dexter and Pedro Almodovar developed over 10 years. Matthew McConaughey, Tobey Maguire, Sofia Vergara and Zac Efron star, and Oscar-nominated director Lee Daniels directs and produces with Hilary Shor (Children Of Men). Avi Lerner, Trevor Short, Danny Dimbort and Cassian Elwes executive produce. The plot centers on an idealistic Miami reporter who returns to his Florida hometown to investigate the possibly unlawful imprisonment of a death-row inmate. The deal was put together by CAA, and Nu Image is handling foreign sales.
Cannes: Millennium/Nu Image To Deliver 'The Paperboy'
What's Hot on Deadline
Daniel Craig And Katherine Heigl Finalizing Deals To Join Steven Soderbergh's 'Logan Lucky' As James Bond News Surfaces
Latest Film News
- Documentaries Counter Memorial Weekend Tentpoles: Specialty Preview
- Dwayne Johnson’s China-Set Action Pitch Auction Won By Legendary
- Agent Ken Stovitz Departing Paradigm To Join MGMT As Manager/Producer
- Gravitas Ventures & Broad Green Recruit Three War Films Including ‘Citizen Soldier’
- ‘Delilah Dirk And The Turkish Lieutenant’ Bought By Disney
- Broad Green’s Culture-Clash Sorority Comedy Sets Ensemble Cast & Gets New Title