Millennium Films has picked up rights to The Paperboy, a sexual thriller based on the 1995 Peter Dexter novel that Dexter and Pedro Almodovar developed over 10 years. Matthew McConaughey, Tobey Maguire, Sofia Vergara and Zac Efron star, and Oscar-nominated director Lee Daniels directs and produces with Hilary Shor (Children Of Men). Avi Lerner, Trevor Short, Danny Dimbort and Cassian Elwes executive produce. The plot centers on an idealistic Miami reporter who returns to his Florida hometown to investigate the possibly unlawful imprisonment of a death-row inmate. The deal was put together by CAA, and Nu Image is handling foreign sales.
Cannes: Millennium/Nu Image To Deliver 'The Paperboy'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Spinoff 'The Perfectionists' Starring Sasha Pieterse & Janel Parrish Gets Freeform Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- Oriental DreamWorks Names Peilin Chou As CCO; Designs Robust Animation Slate
- WME Signs ‘Five Fingers For Marseilles’ Duo Michael Matthews & Sean Drummond
- Leonardo DiCaprio & Martin Scorsese Ride Again On Teddy Roosevelt Pic At Paramount
- ‘A Country Of Strangers,’ Black List Script To Be Produced By Phoenix Pictures
- Rosa Parks Movie Focused On Her Early Activism In Works From Director Julie Dash & Invisible Pictures
- Phil Lord & Christopher Miller To Direct ‘Martian’ Author Andy Weir’s New Novel ‘Artemis’