Millennium Films has picked up rights to The Paperboy, a sexual thriller based on the 1995 Peter Dexter novel that Dexter and Pedro Almodovar developed over 10 years. Matthew McConaughey, Tobey Maguire, Sofia Vergara and Zac Efron star, and Oscar-nominated director Lee Daniels directs and produces with Hilary Shor (Children Of Men). Avi Lerner, Trevor Short, Danny Dimbort and Cassian Elwes executive produce. The plot centers on an idealistic Miami reporter who returns to his Florida hometown to investigate the possibly unlawful imprisonment of a death-row inmate. The deal was put together by CAA, and Nu Image is handling foreign sales.
Cannes: Millennium/Nu Image To Deliver 'The Paperboy'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Disney: ‘Ant Man And The Wasp’ A Go, ‘Incredibles 2’ Dated & More
- CAA Signs Belgian Writer-Directors Adil El Arbi And Bilall Fallah
- Daniel Craig Says He’s Done With Bond; Is The Search Now On For New 007?
- Paramount Movies To Be Distributed By Toho-Towa In Japan Under New Entity
- Frank Albanese Dies: Tough-Guy Actor In ‘The Sopranos’ & ‘Goodfellas’ Was 84
- Tyler Perry Announces Future Site Of His New Studios