Millennium Films has picked up rights to The Paperboy, a sexual thriller based on the 1995 Peter Dexter novel that Dexter and Pedro Almodovar developed over 10 years. Matthew McConaughey, Tobey Maguire, Sofia Vergara and Zac Efron star, and Oscar-nominated director Lee Daniels directs and produces with Hilary Shor (Children Of Men). Avi Lerner, Trevor Short, Danny Dimbort and Cassian Elwes executive produce. The plot centers on an idealistic Miami reporter who returns to his Florida hometown to investigate the possibly unlawful imprisonment of a death-row inmate. The deal was put together by CAA, and Nu Image is handling foreign sales.
Cannes: Millennium/Nu Image To Deliver 'The Paperboy'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest Film News
- ‘The Mummy’ Trailer: Watch The Franchise Rise From The Grave
- ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Bests $600M WW; ‘Moana’ Mints $177M; ‘Doctor Strange’ Ices ‘Deadpool’, ‘Iron Man 2’ – Intl…
- Los Angeles Film Critics Name ‘Moonlight’ Best Picture Of The Year
- British Independent Film Awards: ‘American Honey’ & ‘Under The Shadow’ Glow – Full…
- Disney Sets Industry Record At Domestic Box Office; Crosses $4B Intl For First Time
- ‘Jackie' Bows With Year's 5th Best PTA – Specialty Box Office