Millennium Films has picked up rights to The Paperboy, a sexual thriller based on the 1995 Peter Dexter novel that Dexter and Pedro Almodovar developed over 10 years. Matthew McConaughey, Tobey Maguire, Sofia Vergara and Zac Efron star, and Oscar-nominated director Lee Daniels directs and produces with Hilary Shor (Children Of Men). Avi Lerner, Trevor Short, Danny Dimbort and Cassian Elwes executive produce. The plot centers on an idealistic Miami reporter who returns to his Florida hometown to investigate the possibly unlawful imprisonment of a death-row inmate. The deal was put together by CAA, and Nu Image is handling foreign sales.
Cannes: Millennium/Nu Image To Deliver 'The Paperboy'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Revenge' Ratings Leap After Cancellation, 'Secrets & Lies', 'Last Man On Earth' & 'Madam Secretary' Finales Even
Latest Film News
- ‘Monster Trucks’ From Paramount Pushed For The Second Time, Now Out of 2015
- Spider-Man Movie: Sony & Marvel Spin Web Of Directors For New Franchise
- UFO Tale ‘The Phoenix Incident’ Lands At XLrator
- Horror Sniper Pic ‘Carnage Park’ Sets Its Sight On Four Leads – Cannes
- Walden, Montecito Scare Up Deal For Joe Ballarini’s ‘A Babysitter’s Guide To Monsters’
- ‘Terminator Genisys’ Byung-hun Lee Joins ‘Magnificent Seven’ For MGM