Millennium Films has picked up rights to The Paperboy, a sexual thriller based on the 1995 Peter Dexter novel that Dexter and Pedro Almodovar developed over 10 years. Matthew McConaughey, Tobey Maguire, Sofia Vergara and Zac Efron star, and Oscar-nominated director Lee Daniels directs and produces with Hilary Shor (Children Of Men). Avi Lerner, Trevor Short, Danny Dimbort and Cassian Elwes executive produce. The plot centers on an idealistic Miami reporter who returns to his Florida hometown to investigate the possibly unlawful imprisonment of a death-row inmate. The deal was put together by CAA, and Nu Image is handling foreign sales.
Cannes: Millennium/Nu Image To Deliver 'The Paperboy'
What's Hot on Deadline
James Bond 25 Sets Distribution: Universal Wins International, MGM Releases Domestic Through Annapurna Joint Venture
David Cross Latest 'Arrested Development' Star To Apologize To Jessica Walter; Show's UK Press Tour Canceled
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Latest Film News
- ‘Violent Delights’ Rounds Out Cast With Wolf Fleetwood-Ross & More
- ‘Kim Possible’ Live Action Disney Channel Movie Adds Alyson Hannigan And More
- Harvey Weinstein Arraigned On Felony Sex Crime Charges, To Plead Not Guilty
- Harvey Weinstein Arrest Reactions From Hollywood, Accusers: “What Took You So Long?”
- Harvey Weinstein Officially Arrested, Charged With Rape After Turning Himself In
- China Film Bureau Names Wang Xiaohui As New Head Of Department