Millennium Films has picked up rights to The Paperboy, a sexual thriller based on the 1995 Peter Dexter novel that Dexter and Pedro Almodovar developed over 10 years. Matthew McConaughey, Tobey Maguire, Sofia Vergara and Zac Efron star, and Oscar-nominated director Lee Daniels directs and produces with Hilary Shor (Children Of Men). Avi Lerner, Trevor Short, Danny Dimbort and Cassian Elwes executive produce. The plot centers on an idealistic Miami reporter who returns to his Florida hometown to investigate the possibly unlawful imprisonment of a death-row inmate. The deal was put together by CAA, and Nu Image is handling foreign sales.
Cannes: Millennium/Nu Image To Deliver 'The Paperboy'
What's Hot on Deadline
NBC Orders 'The Handmade Project' Crafts Competition Reality Series Hosted By Amy Poehler & Nick Offerman
Latest Film News
- SXSW Winner ‘Dealt’ Ends Up In Sundance Selects’ Hand
- ‘The Journey’ Trailer: Timothy Spall & Colm Meaney Forge Unlikely Friendship In Political Road Pic
- Sundance Selects Lands SXSW Audience Prize Winner ‘Dealt’
- ‘Valerian’ Trailer: Dane DeHaan & Cara Delevingne Embark On An Intergalactic Mission
- ‘New Statesman’ Creators Crafting ‘The B’Stard Legacy’; Venice Fest Sets VR Competition…
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils 70th Edition Poster With Dancing Claudia Cardinale