Millennium Films has picked up rights to The Paperboy, a sexual thriller based on the 1995 Peter Dexter novel that Dexter and Pedro Almodovar developed over 10 years. Matthew McConaughey, Tobey Maguire, Sofia Vergara and Zac Efron star, and Oscar-nominated director Lee Daniels directs and produces with Hilary Shor (Children Of Men). Avi Lerner, Trevor Short, Danny Dimbort and Cassian Elwes executive produce. The plot centers on an idealistic Miami reporter who returns to his Florida hometown to investigate the possibly unlawful imprisonment of a death-row inmate. The deal was put together by CAA, and Nu Image is handling foreign sales.
Cannes: Millennium/Nu Image To Deliver 'The Paperboy'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
Ryan Murphy On '9-1-1's Ratings Success, Season 2 Details, Connie Britton's Future On the Show & Potential Spinoff Series
Latest Film News
- Major London Film & TV Studio Moves Ahead After $140m Deal With Pacifica Ventures
- AT&T And Government Trade Opening Salvos As Antitrust Showdown Begins
- Sean Penn On Acting: “I'm Not In Love With That Anymore"
- ‘Taken’ Helmer Pierre Morel To Direct ‘The New Mrs. Keller’ With Claes Bang Set As Lead
- ‘Fonzo’: Jack Lowden Joins Al Capone Biopic Starring Tom Hardy
- Cannes Speculation 2018: Intrigue Spikes As Fest Lineup Reveal Looms