Ealing Metro International and The King’s Speech financier Prescience will finance and sell worldwide rights on Bailout, a Michael Winterbottom-directed comedy that will star Jack Black. The film is based on the Jess Walter novel The Financial Lives of The Poets. Walter adapted his novel, which follows the misadventures of Matt Prior (Black), who loses his job, is crippled with debt and is convinced his wife is having an affair. He’s two weeks from losing his home when he meets two losers at the supermarket who offer him a strange business opportunity and his last chance to save himself. Michael Besman of Ballyhoo is producing with Melissa Parmenter of Revolution Films, Black and Ben Cooley and Priyanka Mattoo of Electric Dynamite. Shooting will begin in August. WME reps Black and Winterbottom, ICM reps Walter.
CANNES: Jack Black Teams For 'Bailout' Comedy With Director Michael Winterbottom
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $22M During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations
- Female Animators Pen Open Letter Demanding End To Sexual Harassment
- ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Review: Third Time Is The Comic (Book) Charm For Marvel Franchise
- Oscars: Deadline’s Pete Hammond & Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil On Ever-Changing Awards Landscape With Harvey Out And…