Ealing Metro International and The King’s Speech financier Prescience will finance and sell worldwide rights on Bailout, a Michael Winterbottom-directed comedy that will star Jack Black. The film is based on the Jess Walter novel The Financial Lives of The Poets. Walter adapted his novel, which follows the misadventures of Matt Prior (Black), who loses his job, is crippled with debt and is convinced his wife is having an affair. He’s two weeks from losing his home when he meets two losers at the supermarket who offer him a strange business opportunity and his last chance to save himself. Michael Besman of Ballyhoo is producing with Melissa Parmenter of Revolution Films, Black and Ben Cooley and Priyanka Mattoo of Electric Dynamite. Shooting will begin in August. WME reps Black and Winterbottom, ICM reps Walter.
CANNES: Jack Black Teams For 'Bailout' Comedy With Director Michael Winterbottom
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
Latest Film News
- Huayi Brothers CEO Eyes Expansion Of STX Entertainment Relationship
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Nears $700M WW; ‘Kong’ Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore – International…
- Family-Branded Films On Fire: ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Headed To $90M+; ‘Power Rangers’ Mighty…
- Jazz Doc 'I Called Him Morgan' Hits Solid Note; 'Wilson' Walks Slow – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Sing’ Gives Voice To $600M At Worldwide Box Office
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”