Ealing Metro International and The King’s Speech financier Prescience will finance and sell worldwide rights on Bailout, a Michael Winterbottom-directed comedy that will star Jack Black. The film is based on the Jess Walter novel The Financial Lives of The Poets. Walter adapted his novel, which follows the misadventures of Matt Prior (Black), who loses his job, is crippled with debt and is convinced his wife is having an affair. He’s two weeks from losing his home when he meets two losers at the supermarket who offer him a strange business opportunity and his last chance to save himself. Michael Besman of Ballyhoo is producing with Melissa Parmenter of Revolution Films, Black and Ben Cooley and Priyanka Mattoo of Electric Dynamite. Shooting will begin in August. WME reps Black and Winterbottom, ICM reps Walter.
CANNES: Jack Black Teams For 'Bailout' Comedy With Director Michael Winterbottom
What's Hot on Deadline
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Latest Film News
- Dreamscape Gets New Financial Commitments From Nickelodeon, Middle Eastern Investors
- SAG Awards Nominations: ‘Three Billboards’ Tops Film List, Netflix Leads In TV
- SAG Awards Nominations: The Scorecards
- It Will Soon Be Illegal For Studios To Verify Salary Quotes: Hollywood Dealmakers Brace For California Labor Code 432.3
- ‘The 15:17 To Paris’ Trailer: Clint Eastwood’s Real-Life Heroes In Action
- SAG Awards Nominations Live Stream