Ealing Metro International and The King’s Speech financier Prescience will finance and sell worldwide rights on Bailout, a Michael Winterbottom-directed comedy that will star Jack Black. The film is based on the Jess Walter novel The Financial Lives of The Poets. Walter adapted his novel, which follows the misadventures of Matt Prior (Black), who loses his job, is crippled with debt and is convinced his wife is having an affair. He’s two weeks from losing his home when he meets two losers at the supermarket who offer him a strange business opportunity and his last chance to save himself. Michael Besman of Ballyhoo is producing with Melissa Parmenter of Revolution Films, Black and Ben Cooley and Priyanka Mattoo of Electric Dynamite. Shooting will begin in August. WME reps Black and Winterbottom, ICM reps Walter.
CANNES: Jack Black Teams For 'Bailout' Comedy With Director Michael Winterbottom
What's Hot on Deadline
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations Announced: 'Carol', 'Spotlight', 'Beasts Of Nation' Come Up Strong
CW's 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow', 'The 100', Get Premiere Dates, 'Vampire Diaries', 'The Originals' Move To Friday
Latest Film News
- Ryan Gosling Orbiting Damien Chazelle’s Neil Armstrong Movie At Universal?
- ‘Knight Of Cups’ Trailer: Christian Bale’s Excellent Misadventure
- ‘Force Awakens’ Star John Boyega Unsure How Fans Will React To New ‘Star Wars’ Pic
- Tom Cruise Unravels ‘Mummy’ Reboot Chatter
- Robert Downey Jr. & Chris Evans To Assemble On ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ For “Big Surprise” Tonight
- ‘JeruZalem’ Trailer: Israeli End Times Horror Pic Gets US Release