Phase 4 Films has acquired domestic rights to Another Happy Day, writer-director Sam Levinson’s dark comedy about a dysfunctional family that won the Waldo Salt Screenwriting Award at this year’s Sundance Film Festival. The film — starring Ellen Barkin, Demi Moore, Kate Bosworth, Thomas Haden Church, Ezra Miller and Ellen Burstyn — is set to go out in the fall, with the theatrical release spearheaded by industry veteran David Dinerstein. In the film, high-strung Lynn (Barkin) and her troubled grown children (Bosworth, Miller) journey deep into the heart of domestic darkness to attend the wedding of her estranged eldest son. “Another Happy Day had Sundance audiences both laughing and crying in equal proportions,” said Phase 4 president and CEO Berry Meyerowitz. “The film marks Sam Levinson’s bold arrival as a filmmaker and Ellen Barkin delivers a remarkable performance. People will connect with this insightful look into the messy dynamics of the modern family.” Barkin produced with Mandalay Vision’s Celine Rattray, Todd Traina, Johnny Lin, Michael Nardelli, Salli Newman, and Pamela Fielder. The deal was negotiated by Larry Greenberg, SVP Acquisitions for Phase 4 Films, and Michelle Hastings at Mandalay with CAA on behalf of the filmmakers.
Cannes: 'Another Happy Day' For Phase 4
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest Film News
- Aardman, Studiocanal Reunite Flock For ‘Shaun The Sheep Movie 2’ – AFM
- ‘American Pastoral’ Review: Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut Deserves A Better Reception
- Warner Bros Sues Innovative Artists For Oscar Screener Piracy Of ‘Creed’ + More
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA
- ‘Madea Halloween’ Gets $28.5M Treat, ‘Jack Reacher,’ $22.8M, ‘Ouija’ Grabs $14M, ‘Joneses’ Tanks…