Phase 4 Films has acquired domestic rights to Another Happy Day, writer-director Sam Levinson’s dark comedy about a dysfunctional family that won the Waldo Salt Screenwriting Award at this year’s Sundance Film Festival. The film — starring Ellen Barkin, Demi Moore, Kate Bosworth, Thomas Haden Church, Ezra Miller and Ellen Burstyn — is set to go out in the fall, with the theatrical release spearheaded by industry veteran David Dinerstein. In the film, high-strung Lynn (Barkin) and her troubled grown children (Bosworth, Miller) journey deep into the heart of domestic darkness to attend the wedding of her estranged eldest son. “Another Happy Day had Sundance audiences both laughing and crying in equal proportions,” said Phase 4 president and CEO Berry Meyerowitz. “The film marks Sam Levinson’s bold arrival as a filmmaker and Ellen Barkin delivers a remarkable performance. People will connect with this insightful look into the messy dynamics of the modern family.” Barkin produced with Mandalay Vision’s Celine Rattray, Todd Traina, Johnny Lin, Michael Nardelli, Salli Newman, and Pamela Fielder. The deal was negotiated by Larry Greenberg, SVP Acquisitions for Phase 4 Films, and Michelle Hastings at Mandalay with CAA on behalf of the filmmakers.
Cannes: 'Another Happy Day' For Phase 4
What's Hot on Deadline
Billboard Music Awards Ratings Hit Low, 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Finale Rises, NBA Up With Warriors' Win
Oprah Winfrey, Natalie Portman, Lena Dunham, Chadwick Boseman Among 140 To Sign Open Letter On Gender Equality
Latest Film News
- ‘Mowgli’ Trailer: Andy Serkis’ Dark ‘Jungle Book’ Tale With Big-Name Cast
- Halle Berry, Anjelica Huston Join Cast For ‘John Wick: Chapter 3’
- Lena Waithe To Be Honored With MTV Movie & TV Trailblazer Award
- ‘City Of Lies’ Trailer: Johnny Depp & Forest Whitaker Take The Biggie Smalls Case
- Emmy Double Play: Peter Kunhardt Directs Two Awards-Contending Docs, On John McCain & Martin Luther King Jr.
- ‘The Expendables 4’ Muscles Up: Sylvester Stallone Action Pic & ‘Rambo 5’ Sell To China In Eight-Figure…