EXCLUSIVE: Screen Gems has made its choice: Jamie Campbell Bower will get the male lead in The Mortal Instruments, the Scott Charles Stewart-directed adaptation of the Cassandra Clare novel series. He’ll play Jace Wayland, starring alongside Lily Collins, who’ll play the lead heroine Clary Fray. She has The Sight, and can see both demons and Shadowhunters. Jace is one of the best of the latter. When Clary’s mother is abducted, she is forced to learn about her bloodline and abilities in order to get her mother back. Clare’s series is comprised of six novels and is expected to launch a franchise. The role has been considered a potential star-making vehicle for an actor, and there has been much speculation on who’ll get it. I’m told the deal is being made now for Bower, who is best known for playing King Arthur in the TV series Camelot, and for playing Caius in the final installments of The Twilight Saga and Gellert Grindelwald in the final Harry Potter films. He’s repped by CAA and London-based Simon Beresford.
'Camelot's Jamie Campbell Bower Gets Lead in Screen Gems' 'The Mortal Instruments'
What's Hot on Deadline
Tom Rothman Takes A Shot At Netflix As He Reveals The "New Sony"; Plus 'Spider-Man' Interview - CinemaCon
Latest Film News
- Paramount CinemaCon Presentation Kicks Off With Dwayne Johnson & Dancing Bathing Suit-Clad Beach Peeps — Live
- Covert Media & Broken Road Buy ‘Kansas’ Pitch From Rich Talarico
- No. 7 ‘Sing’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- ‘Ferdinand’ Trailer: John Cena Is Bullish On Fox Toon Based On Classic Kids Book
- Christine Kaufmann Dies: Golden Globe-Winning Actress Was 72
- ‘A Ghost Story’ Trailer: Casey Affleck Haunts Rooney Mara In Indie Drama