EXCLUSIVE: CAA has just signed Stephen Gaghan, the Oscar-winning Traffic screenwriter who wrote and directed Syriana. Gaghan, who had been at WME, left right after his 20th TV pilot wasn’t picked up by NBC. He moves at a time when he seemed to have a lot going on. On the film front, he has the Warner Bros drama Dead Spy Running and will direct his script, and he has an untitled project at Lionsgate. He also recently signed a two-year deal at 20th Century Fox TV, where he turned in a pilot script to NBC for an untitled LA drama that was once called SILA. The pilot didn’t get picked up for fall and is being shopped to cable. WME commissions all those jobs.
CAA Signs Screenwriter Stephen Gaghan
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Fleming Jr
- James Cameron On 'Avatar' Sequels: 'You Will Sh*t Yourself With Your Mouth Wide Open'
- Fox Green Light Starts 'Independence Day' Sequel Countdown
- Sony Hacker Paralysis Reaches Day Two – Update
- Leslie Zemeckis Sells Book On Burlesque Siren Lili St. Cyr
- Weinstein Collars Pharrell Williams, Gwen Stefani For 'Paddington' Tune
- Wonderland Buys Insurgent Scribe Brian Duffield's 'The Babysitter' Spec In Auction