EXCLUSIVE: CAA has just signed Stephen Gaghan, the Oscar-winning Traffic screenwriter who wrote and directed Syriana. Gaghan, who had been at WME, left right after his 20th TV pilot wasn’t picked up by NBC. He moves at a time when he seemed to have a lot going on. On the film front, he has the Warner Bros drama Dead Spy Running and will direct his script, and he has an untitled project at Lionsgate. He also recently signed a two-year deal at 20th Century Fox TV, where he turned in a pilot script to NBC for an untitled LA drama that was once called SILA. The pilot didn’t get picked up for fall and is being shopped to cable. WME commissions all those jobs.
CAA Signs Screenwriter Stephen Gaghan
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
James Corden On The Fruits Of 'Carpool Karaoke', The Internet And Those Emmy Nominations - AwardsLine
'House of Cards' Actor Mahershala Ali On His Departure From The Series And Netflix's Upcoming 'Luke Cage'
Latest Film News
- ‘Don’t Breathe’ $22M+ Opening Is An August Record For Screen Gems – Late Night Update
- ‘Hands Of Stone’ Review: Roberto Duran Boxing Biopic Takes Too Many Swings
- Ty Burrell Latest To Join ‘Rock That Body’
- Edward Snowden To Appear Via Satellite In U.S. Theaters Ahead Of ‘Snowden’ Opening
- ‘Complete Unknown’ Clip: “Your Farsi Is Getting Much Better”
- Viacom Board Voices Confidence In Paramount’s Brad Grey After Thursday Grilling By Board