EXCLUSIVE: CAA has just signed Stephen Gaghan, the Oscar-winning Traffic screenwriter who wrote and directed Syriana. Gaghan, who had been at WME, left right after his 20th TV pilot wasn’t picked up by NBC. He moves at a time when he seemed to have a lot going on. On the film front, he has the Warner Bros drama Dead Spy Running and will direct his script, and he has an untitled project at Lionsgate. He also recently signed a two-year deal at 20th Century Fox TV, where he turned in a pilot script to NBC for an untitled LA drama that was once called SILA. The pilot didn’t get picked up for fall and is being shopped to cable. WME commissions all those jobs.
CAA Signs Screenwriter Stephen Gaghan
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest Film News
- Aardman, Studiocanal Reunite Flock For ‘Shaun The Sheep Movie 2’ – AFM
- ‘American Pastoral’ Review: Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut Deserves A Better Reception
- Warner Bros Sues Innovative Artists For Oscar Screener Piracy Of ‘Creed’ + More
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA
- ‘Madea Halloween’ Gets $28.5M Treat, ‘Jack Reacher,’ $22.8M, ‘Ouija’ Grabs $14M, ‘Joneses’ Tanks…