EXCLUSIVE: Israeli scripted formats have already established a strong presence in Hollywood, spawning a number of series, including HBO’s In Treatment, CBS’ Ex List, Fox’s Traffic Light and Showtime’s upcoming Homeland, as well as a high-profile project Clyde Phillips has in the works at HBO and Lionsgate. The Real World producer Bunim/Murray is making a move on the unscripted side, signing a first-look deal with production and management company The Operating Room to bring unscripted Israeli formats to the U.S. for development and production. “Israel has proven to be a hotbed for scripted formats, and we’re eager to duplicate that success on the unscripted side,” said Gil Goldschein, president of Banijay-owned Bunim/Murray. “The Operating Room is one of the few, if not only, Israeli production companies with people on the ground in Israel and Hollywood, enabling them to move quickly and make the right connections in both territories.” Under the deal, Bunim/Murray is expected to work with established Israeli reality producers such as Tzipi Rosenbloom and Yoram Mandel who runs The Operating Room’s Tel Aviv office. Mandel is behind popular Israeli drama The Arbitrator, which has an U.S. version in development at Showtime. This is the second major U.S.-Israeli TV deal for unscripted formats following the pact between Ben Silverman’s Electus and Israel’s Abbott Reif Hameiri production company last year.
Bunim/Murray Signs Deal For Israeli Unscripted Formats
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Season Finale: Killer Revealed, New Puzzle Posed
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Exits In Tragic Plot Twist, Reflects On 4.5-Season Run & Its End
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?