PREVIOUS: Barring any last-minute miracle, it looks like this is the end of the road for ABC’s veteran family drama Brothers and Sisters. There had been a serious effort by ABC and producing studio ABC Studios to find a price point at which they could bring the show back for an abbreviated sixth and final season. There have been talks with star Calista Flockhart to return for six episodes next season. Last May, Brothers and Sisters clinched a last-minute 18-episode order that was subsequently expanded to 22 episodes. But the indications are, with so many drama pilots scoring high in testings and screenings this year, ABC is ready to say good-bye to the Walker clan.
UPDATE: 'Brothers & Sisters' Canceled, As Is 'V'
What's Hot on Deadline
Mayweather-McGregor PPV Fight Could Punch Up $700M Worldwide, Making Domestic Box Office Meaningless
Latest TV News
- ‘Disjointed’ Review: Kathy Bates & Chuck Lorre Sitcom May Be Funny if You’re High
- ‘Stranger Things’ Star Shannon Purser On Honing Her Screen Acting Skills With First Television Project
- 'The Opposition With Jordan Klepper': Quintet Tapped As Correspondents For ‘The Daily Show’ Spinoff
- CBS Wants ‘Judge Judy’ Profits Suit Trimmed Before 2018 Trial; Judge Judy Brags About Strong-Arming CBS
- ‘The Night Of’s Bill Camp On Series’ End: “I Don’t Think He Did It” – Emmys
- ‘SEAL Team’: Michael Irby, Jay Hayden, Alona Tal Set To Recur In CBS Drama Series