PREVIOUS: Barring any last-minute miracle, it looks like this is the end of the road for ABC’s veteran family drama Brothers and Sisters. There had been a serious effort by ABC and producing studio ABC Studios to find a price point at which they could bring the show back for an abbreviated sixth and final season. There have been talks with star Calista Flockhart to return for six episodes next season. Last May, Brothers and Sisters clinched a last-minute 18-episode order that was subsequently expanded to 22 episodes. But the indications are, with so many drama pilots scoring high in testings and screenings this year, ABC is ready to say good-bye to the Walker clan.
UPDATE: 'Brothers & Sisters' Canceled, As Is 'V'
What's Hot on Deadline
Popular Japanese Title 'Attack On Titan' Eyed By Warner Bros. For 'Fantastic Beasts' Producer David Heyman
'Split' And 'xXx' Merge Into Market While 'The Founder' May Get Lost In Heavy Traffic - Box Office Preview
'Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee' Moves To Netflix As Part Of Big Jerry Seinfeld Deal That Includes Specials & Series
Latest TV News
- Dave Franco Inks With WME
- ‘Taken’: TV’s Bryan Mills Isn’t Just Another Guy With A Particular Set Of Skills – TCA
- Netflix Execs: ‘The Crown’ And Comedy Help Justify Growth In Content Spending
- Jeffrey Toobin’s Book About Monica Lewinsky Scandal Optioned By ‘American Crime Story’ Producers
- WME Signs ‘Alexander And The Terrible’ Actor Ed Oxenbould; Magnet Management Adds Morgan Murphy
- Callie Khouri Talks Women In TV Vs Film, ‘Nashville’ & ‘Deep City’ Project – NATPE