Mike & Molly star Melissa McCarthy and Annie Mumolo have sold to Paramount Pictures an untitled laffer pitch that will be written as a star vehicle for McCarthy. McCarthy and Mumolo star in the Judd Apatow-produced Bridesmaids, which Mumolo wrote with Kristen Wiig. Lorne Michaels and John Goldwyn produce. The comedy was hatched by McCarthy’s husband, Ben Falcone (also in Bridesmaids). The premise: When your husband is ill and his doctors are out of ideas, piling in the minivan with your pals to steal the Stanley Cup is one way to go. Falcone, Mumalo, and McCarthy all came from the Groundlings comedy troupe. McCarthy is repped by CAA and The Schiff Co. Mumolo is repped by UTA and Thruline Entertainment.
'Bridesmaids' Actress Pair Sell Comedy Pitch To Paramount
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Fleming Jr
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount
- Gore Verbinski On Cancellation Of North Korea-Based Steve Carell Film
- Aaron Sorkin On Free Speech As Casualty In 'The Interview' Cancellation