Mike & Molly star Melissa McCarthy and Annie Mumolo have sold to Paramount Pictures an untitled laffer pitch that will be written as a star vehicle for McCarthy. McCarthy and Mumolo star in the Judd Apatow-produced Bridesmaids, which Mumolo wrote with Kristen Wiig. Lorne Michaels and John Goldwyn produce. The comedy was hatched by McCarthy’s husband, Ben Falcone (also in Bridesmaids). The premise: When your husband is ill and his doctors are out of ideas, piling in the minivan with your pals to steal the Stanley Cup is one way to go. Falcone, Mumalo, and McCarthy all came from the Groundlings comedy troupe. McCarthy is repped by CAA and The Schiff Co. Mumolo is repped by UTA and Thruline Entertainment.
'Bridesmaids' Actress Pair Sell Comedy Pitch To Paramount
What's Hot on Deadline
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Imagine & Michael De Luca To Produce
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Imagine & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First