Mike & Molly star Melissa McCarthy and Annie Mumolo have sold to Paramount Pictures an untitled laffer pitch that will be written as a star vehicle for McCarthy. McCarthy and Mumolo star in the Judd Apatow-produced Bridesmaids, which Mumolo wrote with Kristen Wiig. Lorne Michaels and John Goldwyn produce. The comedy was hatched by McCarthy’s husband, Ben Falcone (also in Bridesmaids). The premise: When your husband is ill and his doctors are out of ideas, piling in the minivan with your pals to steal the Stanley Cup is one way to go. Falcone, Mumalo, and McCarthy all came from the Groundlings comedy troupe. McCarthy is repped by CAA and The Schiff Co. Mumolo is repped by UTA and Thruline Entertainment.
'Bridesmaids' Actress Pair Sell Comedy Pitch To Paramount
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks
- ‘Incredibles 2’ Teaser: Little Jack-Jack Shows Off His Baby Superpower
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M+ Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened
- ‘Justice League’ Rises To $70.7M Through Friday At International Box Office
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks