Given that the last time around Bones‘ two-year renewal closed hours before Fox’s upfront presentation after long and sometimes contentious license-fee negotiations, this time the two sides seem ahead of schedule with a pickup two weeks before the upfronts. “Season 7 is GO for Bones,” star David Boreanaz tweeted tonight. Fox, Bones producer 20th TV and the show’s Twitter-fanatic creator/executive producer Hart Hanson have yet to weigh in but word is the studio and the networks came to an agreement shortly before Boreanaz tweeted the news and are expected to make an announcement in the morning. While the renewal was never in doubt since Bones is Fox’s second-highest-rated drama series behind House, a single-year renewal is somewhat surprising but I hear a second consecutive two-year pickup was never on the table. And Fox still has a House renewal to close.
'Bones' Star Tweets Series' Renewal
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Jeffrey Tambor Exits ‘Transparent’ After Sexual Harassment Allegations
- ‘Bored To Death’ Movie: Creator Jonathan Ames Has Two Drafts Written
- Sean Hannity Tweet-Shouts At Brian Stelter, Who’s Blocked By Bartiromo
- HBO ‘Night Of Too Many Stars’ Sees Host Jon Stewart Spar With Stephen Colbert
- Russell Simmons Accused Of Forcing Sex On Model While Brett Ratner Watched
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Steady With Host Chance The Rapper & Eminem