Given that the last time around Bones‘ two-year renewal closed hours before Fox’s upfront presentation after long and sometimes contentious license-fee negotiations, this time the two sides seem ahead of schedule with a pickup two weeks before the upfronts. “Season 7 is GO for Bones,” star David Boreanaz tweeted tonight. Fox, Bones producer 20th TV and the show’s Twitter-fanatic creator/executive producer Hart Hanson have yet to weigh in but word is the studio and the networks came to an agreement shortly before Boreanaz tweeted the news and are expected to make an announcement in the morning. While the renewal was never in doubt since Bones is Fox’s second-highest-rated drama series behind House, a single-year renewal is somewhat surprising but I hear a second consecutive two-year pickup was never on the table. And Fox still has a House renewal to close.
'Bones' Star Tweets Series' Renewal
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series