Given that the last time around Bones‘ two-year renewal closed hours before Fox’s upfront presentation after long and sometimes contentious license-fee negotiations, this time the two sides seem ahead of schedule with a pickup two weeks before the upfronts. “Season 7 is GO for Bones,” star David Boreanaz tweeted tonight. Fox, Bones producer 20th TV and the show’s Twitter-fanatic creator/executive producer Hart Hanson have yet to weigh in but word is the studio and the networks came to an agreement shortly before Boreanaz tweeted the news and are expected to make an announcement in the morning. While the renewal was never in doubt since Bones is Fox’s second-highest-rated drama series behind House, a single-year renewal is somewhat surprising but I hear a second consecutive two-year pickup was never on the table. And Fox still has a House renewal to close.
'Bones' Star Tweets Series' Renewal
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- ‘Power’ Gets Season 4 Premiere Date On Starz
- Los Angeles Chargers Line Up Broadcast Partners
- Hilary Swank Joins FX’s Getty Kidnapping Saga ‘Trust’
- Fox To Honor Jonathan Demme On Tonight’s ‘Shots Fired’ Episode
- ‘Great News’ Off To OK Ratings Start, ‘The Flash’ & ‘iZombie’ Tick Up In Return
- Bill Cosby’s Daughter Declares Actor Not “A Rapist” As 2004 Rape Trial Looms