Bristol Palin had been heavily courted for her own reality series following her highly rated run on ABC’s Dancing With the Stars. Now she has settled on her follow-up to Dancing, a docu-series for BIO Channel, which reunites her with her Dancing co-star, actor Kyle Massey. BIO has ordered 10 half-hour episodes of the untitled series, which also will feature Massey’s brother, actor Christopher Massey. It follows single mom Bristol Palin’s move from Alaska to Los Angeles with her son, Tripp, to work at a small charity in need while living with her good friends Chris and Kyle Massey. The series, produced by Associated Television International, is slated to air late this year. “Bristol is the kind of personality BIO is drawn to,” said David McKillop, EVP Programming, A&E Network and BIO Channel. “Her personal life has been playing out in the media for several years, but this will be the first time she’s opening up her real life, with her son and her friends the Massey brothers.“ While on Dancing, Bristol became very close with fellow contestant Kyle Massey and, since the show, she has become best friends with him and his brother Chris. ATI’s David McKenzie and Jim Romanovich serve as executive producers alongside McKillop, Tom Moody and Andy Berg. Palin follows in the footsteps of mom Sarah Palin, who also fronted a docu series, TLC’s Sarah Palin’s Alaska, on which Bristol made frequent appearances.
BIO Greenlights Bristol Palin Reality Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest International News
- Euro 2016: Will French Strikes & Fuel Shortages Be A Boon For Broadcasters?
- ‘Alice’ Sees $62.7M In Offshore Looking Glass; ‘Warcraft’ Scores $31.7M; ‘X-Men’ Cumes $183.4M – Int’l Box…
- Broadway Powerhouse Key Brand Entertainment Raises Curtain On New Name, Mission
- Facebook, Twitter & Others To Combat Hate Speech In Europe; Lars Mikkelsen ‘Rides Upon The Storm’; Paul Hogan Mini…
- Amazon Japan Unveils Ambitious Original Content Slate
- Altitude Acquires Simon Dixon’s ‘Tiger Raid’ For UK And Ireland