BBC America’s top U.K. comedy imports will air in a block. Branded Ministry of Laughs, the two-hour block will launch June 18 at 10 PM. Included in it are The Inbetweeners, an all-new season of the BAFTA-winning teen comedy, which is being remade by MTV; Come Fly With Me, the new project from Matt Lucas and David Walliams, creators and writers of Little Britain; and Friday Night Dinner, created and written by Robert Popper (South Park). Returning for all-new seasons are award-winning series That Mitchell & Webb Look, The Thick of It and Peep Show. Kicking off the first hour of the slot are U.S. premiere episodes of The Graham Norton Show. “There’s nothing quite like British comedy, and since joining last year one of my key ambitions has been to showcase the very best of it here on BBC America, said Perry Simon, General Manager, Channels, BBC Worldwide America.
BBC America Launches Comedy Block
What's Hot on Deadline
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
Latest TV News
- Netflix Eyes Second Coming Of Jesus Drama Series ‘Messiah’ From Mark Burnett & Roma Downey
- Lemuel Plummer Signs With ICM Partners
- ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’: Daveed Diggs, Laura Dern Among Season 3 Guest Stars
- Lionsgate, Studiocanal Pact In Oz; French Film Biz Offers Support To U.S. Over Trump Budget Cuts – Global Briefs
- Veterans ‘Elementary’, ‘2 Broke Girls’, ‘Criminal Minds’ & ‘Amazing Race’ Among Series Left In Limbo After…
- CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including ‘MacGyver’, ‘Superior Donuts’, ‘Life In Pieces’ & ‘Hawaii Five-0…