If you thought it will be hard for American Idol producers to find a new way to jack up the drama — they just did. For the past two hours, the Web went into overdrive over who will face finalist Scotty McCreery in the performance finale tonight after a TMZ report that the other finalist, Lauren Alaina, lost her voice during rehearsal today and may have to forfeit. Third-place finisher Haley Reinhart was summoned in to rehearse in case Alaina couldn’t go. Fox kept the suspense going until the very last moment, when host Ryan Seacrest interviewed Alaina at the top of the show. “I’m here, I’m ready to sing, and I’m fine. Don’t worry about it,” she said before a doctor explained that she blew out one of her vocal chords during rehearsal. The ordeal probably caused the producers a nervous breakdown but should translate to a ratings boost from the additional attention.
'American Idol' Drama: Ailing Finalist Almost Replaced By Alternate
What's Hot on Deadline
TV Academy Board Votes To Initiate Disciplinary Proceedings On Harvey Weinstein; Hearing Set For November
Latest TV News
- ‘Thursday Night Football’ Ratings Down As Raiders Score Close Win Over Chiefs
- Tracy Morgan Talks Brooklyn Gentrification, Halloween Costume With Jimmy Kimmel
- TV Academy Board Votes To Initiate Disciplinary Proceedings On Harvey Weinstein; Hearing Set For November
- Dodgers Clinch World Series Berth; Can Yankees Complete Major TV Market Sweep?
- Fox Buys Native American Family Comedy From Lucas Brown Eyes & ‘It’s KatzSmith
- Sean Penn Calls Netflix’s ‘El Chapo’ Docu “Cheap” & “Reckless”; It’s Still…