If you thought it will be hard for American Idol producers to find a new way to jack up the drama — they just did. For the past two hours, the Web went into overdrive over who will face finalist Scotty McCreery in the performance finale tonight after a TMZ report that the other finalist, Lauren Alaina, lost her voice during rehearsal today and may have to forfeit. Third-place finisher Haley Reinhart was summoned in to rehearse in case Alaina couldn’t go. Fox kept the suspense going until the very last moment, when host Ryan Seacrest interviewed Alaina at the top of the show. “I’m here, I’m ready to sing, and I’m fine. Don’t worry about it,” she said before a doctor explained that she blew out one of her vocal chords during rehearsal. The ordeal probably caused the producers a nervous breakdown but should translate to a ratings boost from the additional attention.
'American Idol' Drama: Ailing Finalist Almost Replaced By Alternate
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine's Show Only Because He Is Fan, "Plain And Simple"
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Latest TV News
- ‘Big Little Lies’ Notches Another Series High As It Nears April 2 Finale
- Miles Teller To Star In Nicolas Winding Refn’s Amazon Series ‘Too Old To Die Young’
- WGA Members Still Paying For Last Strike
- ‘Westworld’: Louis Herthum Upped To Series Regular For Season 2 On HBO
- ‘True Detective’: David Milch In Talks To Join Nic Pizzolatto For Potential Season 3 On HBO
- ‘Dance Moms’ Host Abby Lee Miller Says She’s Exiting Show As Jail Time Looms