If you thought it will be hard for American Idol producers to find a new way to jack up the drama — they just did. For the past two hours, the Web went into overdrive over who will face finalist Scotty McCreery in the performance finale tonight after a TMZ report that the other finalist, Lauren Alaina, lost her voice during rehearsal today and may have to forfeit. Third-place finisher Haley Reinhart was summoned in to rehearse in case Alaina couldn’t go. Fox kept the suspense going until the very last moment, when host Ryan Seacrest interviewed Alaina at the top of the show. “I’m here, I’m ready to sing, and I’m fine. Don’t worry about it,” she said before a doctor explained that she blew out one of her vocal chords during rehearsal. The ordeal probably caused the producers a nervous breakdown but should translate to a ratings boost from the additional attention.
'American Idol' Drama: Ailing Finalist Almost Replaced By Alternate
What's Hot on Deadline
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
Latest TV News
- Peter Mayle Dies; ‘A Year In Provence’ & ‘A Good Year’ Author Was 78
- Israeli Drama ‘In A Heartbeat’ & Irish Crime Thriller ‘Costigan’ Lead Berlin Co-Pro Lineup
- BBC Worldwide Content Chief Helen Jackson To Depart After 31 Years
- Sony Pictures Television Sets Up UK-Based Non-Scripted Label Human
- Bradford Dillman Dies: Star Of Broadway, Film And TV Was 87
- Freeform Unveils New Logo & “A Little Forward” Tagline