EXCLUSIVE: So let’s update the Alec Baldwin vs Rock Of Ages small drama. Yes, the actor showed up in Miami for the full run-through of Adam Shankman’s big-screen adaptation of the hit Broadway 1980s-flavored rock musical. Yes, he’s going to do the movie, which starts shooting May 23rd. So that celebrity gossip report that Alec Baldwin had pulled out of the production was bogus. What actually happened was that New Line boss Toby Emmerich was told by Baldwin he had a newly discovered medical condition that was expected to resolve so he could do the movie. But then later in the day Baldwin formally asked New Line to replace him “if at all possible,” even though the actor had committed to the movie. Emmerich pondered. But Toby’s boss, Warner Bros movie chief Jeff Robinov, decided to hold Baldwin’s feet to the fire and demand he do the film. Robinov knew it would be impossible on short notice to properly recast the meaty role of the owner of the Sunset Boulevard Whisky-A-Go-Go-like Bourbon Room owner, Dennis Dupree, which has a big musical number in the film. (Stars like Will Ferrell and Steve Carell passed before Baldwin agreed to do it.) And Robinov acted like a mogul and refused to put the entire production on hold affecting other cast members Tom Cruise, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Russell Brand, Paul Giamatti, Bryan Cranston, Mary J. Blige and Malin Akerman.
Alec Baldwin Stays In 'Rock Of Ages' Film
What's Hot on Deadline
NY Times Responds To Bill O'Reilly Spokesman's Claims That They "Maliciously Smeared" Ex-Fox News Host — Updated
One America Appeal: Five Former Presidents Gather In Support Of Hurricane Relief, Donald Trump Praises Efforts
Disney ABC TV President Ben Sherwood Talks Industry "Imbalance Of Power," Shonda Rimes' Exit, State Of TV
Latest Film News
- Josh Brolin Opens Up About Death Of ‘Deadpool 2’ Stuntwoman Joi “SJ” Harris
- Sex Abuse Silence Is Over, But Even The Academy Is Entitled To A Defense
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Director Received Multiple Threats From Suge Knight, Court Records Claim
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $21M+ During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations