EXCLUSIVE: So let’s update the Alec Baldwin vs Rock Of Ages small drama. Yes, the actor showed up in Miami for the full run-through of Adam Shankman’s big-screen adaptation of the hit Broadway 1980s-flavored rock musical. Yes, he’s going to do the movie, which starts shooting May 23rd. So that celebrity gossip report that Alec Baldwin had pulled out of the production was bogus. What actually happened was that New Line boss Toby Emmerich was told by Baldwin he had a newly discovered medical condition that was expected to resolve so he could do the movie. But then later in the day Baldwin formally asked New Line to replace him “if at all possible,” even though the actor had committed to the movie. Emmerich pondered. But Toby’s boss, Warner Bros movie chief Jeff Robinov, decided to hold Baldwin’s feet to the fire and demand he do the film. Robinov knew it would be impossible on short notice to properly recast the meaty role of the owner of the Sunset Boulevard Whisky-A-Go-Go-like Bourbon Room owner, Dennis Dupree, which has a big musical number in the film. (Stars like Will Ferrell and Steve Carell passed before Baldwin agreed to do it.) And Robinov acted like a mogul and refused to put the entire production on hold affecting other cast members Tom Cruise, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Russell Brand, Paul Giamatti, Bryan Cranston, Mary J. Blige and Malin Akerman.
Alec Baldwin Stays In 'Rock Of Ages' Film
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Nears $700M WW; ‘Kong’ Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore – International…
- Family-Branded Films On Fire: ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Headed To $90M+; ‘Power Rangers’ Mighty…
- Jazz Doc 'I Called Him Morgan' Hits Solid Note; 'Wilson' Walks Slow – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Sing’ Gives Voice To $600M At Worldwide Box Office
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- Watch Public Memorial For Debbie Reynolds & Carrie Fisher Livestreamed Here – Update