The move follows a legal wrangle that took weeks to unravel about negotiating his exit from Disney, some money owing to Sony, and a new pact with New Line to host his production banner that took weeks to unravel. Adam Shankman’s Offspring Entertainment with producer Jennifer Gibgot has a first-look deal at New Line, where he did Hairspray and 17 Again. The banner was housed at Walt Disney Studios for eight years. Meanwhile, New Line says Alec Baldwin has not pulled out of Rock Of Ages. The studio says he has a personal issue that is expected to resolve so he can do the movie, which begins shooting May 23.
Adam Shankman Exits Disney For New Line
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest Film News
- Costume Designers for ‘Lion’, ‘La La Land’ And ‘Jackie’ Find Their Threads
- Bernardo Bertolucci Says ‘Last Tango In Paris’ Rape Scene Backlash A “Ridiculous Misunderstanding”
- Emma Watson Inks With CAA
- As ‘Moonlight’ Is Feted, How Barry Jenkins Turned Struggle Into Success
- Jimmy Kimmel To Host The Oscars
- ‘Lion’ Roars With Best Adapted Screenplay Prize At Capri Hollywood Festival