The move follows a legal wrangle that took weeks to unravel about negotiating his exit from Disney, some money owing to Sony, and a new pact with New Line to host his production banner that took weeks to unravel. Adam Shankman’s Offspring Entertainment with producer Jennifer Gibgot has a first-look deal at New Line, where he did Hairspray and 17 Again. The banner was housed at Walt Disney Studios for eight years. Meanwhile, New Line says Alec Baldwin has not pulled out of Rock Of Ages. The studio says he has a personal issue that is expected to resolve so he can do the movie, which begins shooting May 23.
Adam Shankman Exits Disney For New Line
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Josh Hartnett In Talks To Star In Indie ‘A Moment To Remember’
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogenous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As…
- Tao Okamoto, Japanese Pop Star Kihiro, And Haruka Abe Cast In ‘She’s Just A Shadow’
- ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Rounds Out Final Cast
- ‘Arrow’s Colton Haynes Cast In ‘Rock That Body’