The move follows a legal wrangle that took weeks to unravel about negotiating his exit from Disney, some money owing to Sony, and a new pact with New Line to host his production banner that took weeks to unravel. Adam Shankman’s Offspring Entertainment with producer Jennifer Gibgot has a first-look deal at New Line, where he did Hairspray and 17 Again. The banner was housed at Walt Disney Studios for eight years. Meanwhile, New Line says Alec Baldwin has not pulled out of Rock Of Ages. The studio says he has a personal issue that is expected to resolve so he can do the movie, which begins shooting May 23.
Adam Shankman Exits Disney For New Line
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Disney Channel Launching Toon Series 'Amphibia' & 'The Owl House', Renews 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' For Season 4
Latest Film News
- ‘Stand Up For Something’ Now Being Used As Rallying Call For GVP Movement
- Matthew Baker Short Futuristic Story ‘Life Sentence’ Creates Bidding Stampede
- Tim Blake Nelson Boards ‘Angel Has Fallen’
- Uncork’d Entertainment & Lantern Lane Entertainment Acquire L.A. Film Festival Drama ‘20 Weeks’
- ‘Black Panther’ Dashes Past $520M Worldwide, Eyes $190M+ Second Global Weekend
- Amazon Studios Lands Alafair Burke Novel ‘The Wife,’ A Thriller In #MeToo Moment