The move follows a legal wrangle that took weeks to unravel about negotiating his exit from Disney, some money owing to Sony, and a new pact with New Line to host his production banner that took weeks to unravel. Adam Shankman’s Offspring Entertainment with producer Jennifer Gibgot has a first-look deal at New Line, where he did Hairspray and 17 Again. The banner was housed at Walt Disney Studios for eight years. Meanwhile, New Line says Alec Baldwin has not pulled out of Rock Of Ages. The studio says he has a personal issue that is expected to resolve so he can do the movie, which begins shooting May 23.
Adam Shankman Exits Disney For New Line
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Sets Jack Kesy As Villain: Could He Be Black Tom?
- Rob Reiner’s ‘LBJ’ Getting November Release From Electric Entertainment
- Pierce Brosnan Talks ‘Spinning Man’ On The Los Angeles Set – Cannes Market
- A24 & Picturehouse Partner For ‘A Ghost Story’ UK Release
- ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Trailer Depicts Young Peter Parker As Spidey-In-Making
- Final ‘Valerian’ Trailer Takes A Look At City Of A Thousand Planets