UPDATED: What an appropriate title this turned out to be! Despite soft ratings for its midseason freshman run, ABC’s comedy Happy Endings will come back next season after the network just renewed it. This is not a surprise as the ensemble relationship comedy has had big support internally at the network. But while the Happy Endings producers at Sony TV are celebrating, the renewal was not good news for Fox’s newly picked up comedy series New Girl starring Zooey Deschanel. Damon Wayons Jr. was one of the co-stars in the pilot (I hear he was quite good in it), but his casting was in second position to Happy Endings, where he is also one of the leads. Now he will return to the ABC series, and the 20th TV-produced New Girl will to recast his role. UPDATE: As a commenter pointed out, Happy Endings‘ co-star Adam Pally also did a pilot in second position, NBC’s BFFs, which also will have to recast his role. The dangers of second-position casting …
ABC Renews 'Happy Endings', Fox's 'New Girl' To Recast Damon Wayans Jr.
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox