Three days after the euphoria of getting their pilots picked up by ABC, I hear the producers of the newly picked-up series are in panic mode over conflicting information about the sizes of the network’s series orders. Word is, with a whopping 13 new scripted series orders, including the straight-to-series drama Missing, ABC is mulling different tiers of order sizes: the standard 13, as well as 10 and six episodes. I hear none of the producers have been told how many episodes their show is being picked up for, creating a lot of anxiety on the eve of ABC’s upfront presentation tomorrow, when the network will unveil its schedule for next season. Speaking of ABC’s schedule, the network is being very tight-lipped about it. With five new comedy series picked up, it is logical for ABC to try to open a second comedy block outside of Wednesday. I hear Tuesday 8-9 PM as a possibility. That’s a slot where ABC has struggled to get traction in. I hear the most recognizable star on a new ABC comedy series, Tim Allen, may be summoned to open a comedy block for the network with his new sitcom at 8 PM, either on Tuesday or on Wednesday. Because of its tagline as Desperate Housewives in Dallas and the cancellation of Brothers and Sisters, new dramedy Good Christian Belles had been considered a perfect fit to go after Desperate Housewives, but there is also speculation that, just like NBC held its hottest new series, Smash, for midseason, ABC may do the same with GCB.
ABC Plans Mix Of Series-Order Sizes, To Open Second Comedy Block On Tuesday?
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'