Three days after the euphoria of getting their pilots picked up by ABC, I hear the producers of the newly picked-up series are in panic mode over conflicting information about the sizes of the network’s series orders. Word is, with a whopping 13 new scripted series orders, including the straight-to-series drama Missing, ABC is mulling different tiers of order sizes: the standard 13, as well as 10 and six episodes. I hear none of the producers have been told how many episodes their show is being picked up for, creating a lot of anxiety on the eve of ABC’s upfront presentation tomorrow, when the network will unveil its schedule for next season. Speaking of ABC’s schedule, the network is being very tight-lipped about it. With five new comedy series picked up, it is logical for ABC to try to open a second comedy block outside of Wednesday. I hear Tuesday 8-9 PM as a possibility. That’s a slot where ABC has struggled to get traction in. I hear the most recognizable star on a new ABC comedy series, Tim Allen, may be summoned to open a comedy block for the network with his new sitcom at 8 PM, either on Tuesday or on Wednesday. Because of its tagline as Desperate Housewives in Dallas and the cancellation of Brothers and Sisters, new dramedy Good Christian Belles had been considered a perfect fit to go after Desperate Housewives, but there is also speculation that, just like NBC held its hottest new series, Smash, for midseason, ABC may do the same with GCB.
ABC Plans Mix Of Series-Order Sizes, To Open Second Comedy Block On Tuesday?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Fox Sports Adds A Year To Its Rights Deal For Big3 Professional Basketball
- ‘The Opposition With Jordan Klepper’: First Look At Comedy Central’s ‘Daily Show’ Spinoff
- Donald Trump Congratulates Self On Twitter For Phoenix Speech
- “Back Up, You Creep!”: Hillary Clinton Ponders What Might Have Been
- HBO & Sky Sink Teeth Into Bad Wolf With Minority Investment – Edinburgh
- BBC2 Acquires John Singleton’s ‘Snowfall’; Sets ‘League Of Gentlemen’ Return – Edinburgh