EXCLUSIVE: With its celebrity reality juggernaut Dancing With the Stars showing little sign of slowing down, ABC is putting a celebrity spin on another veteran reality series, Wife Swap. ABC has ordered a celebrity edition of Wife Swap, in which celebrities switch lifestyles for a week. Wife Swap producer Zodiak USA is also behind the celebrity offshoot. I hear the order is for six episodes, with the casting currently under way. The network wouldn’t comment on celebrities who may be featured on the series, but Saturday Night Live alumna Victoria Jackson, who recently faced backlash for calling the gay kiss on Glee “sickening,” hinted on her blog last month that she had been approached. Wife Swap, which launched on ABC in 2004, is based on a British format. The original series did a series of celebrity episodes that scored big ratings on Channel 4. A staple on ABC for half a decade, Wife Swap, which hit the 100 episode mark in 2009, has been missing from the network’s lineup since August while continuing to run in off-network syndication on Lifetime. Maybe a celebrity version will reinvigorate the veteran franchise the way Celebrity Apprentice did with Donald Trump’s NBC reality series?
ABC Orders 'Celebrity Wife Swap' Series
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
Latest TV News
- ‘Hair’ Will Be NBC’s 2019 Spring Musical
- Starz Launches On Amazon Prime In The UK And Germany, Coming Soon To YouTube TV In U.S.
- Starz Launches StarzPlay On Amazon Prime Video Channels In UK, Germany
- Lionsgate Beats Wall Street’s Q4 Estimates On OTT Revenue, TV Profit Uptick
- ‘The Ranch’ Season 3 Gets Premiere Date; Includes Danny Masterson’s Final Episodes
- Ex-APA Agent Tyler Grasham Escapes Criminal Charges In L.A.