EXCLUSIVE: With its celebrity reality juggernaut Dancing With the Stars showing little sign of slowing down, ABC is putting a celebrity spin on another veteran reality series, Wife Swap. ABC has ordered a celebrity edition of Wife Swap, in which celebrities switch lifestyles for a week. Wife Swap producer Zodiak USA is also behind the celebrity offshoot. I hear the order is for six episodes, with the casting currently under way. The network wouldn’t comment on celebrities who may be featured on the series, but Saturday Night Live alumna Victoria Jackson, who recently faced backlash for calling the gay kiss on Glee “sickening,” hinted on her blog last month that she had been approached. Wife Swap, which launched on ABC in 2004, is based on a British format. The original series did a series of celebrity episodes that scored big ratings on Channel 4. A staple on ABC for half a decade, Wife Swap, which hit the 100 episode mark in 2009, has been missing from the network’s lineup since August while continuing to run in off-network syndication on Lifetime. Maybe a celebrity version will reinvigorate the veteran franchise the way Celebrity Apprentice did with Donald Trump’s NBC reality series?
ABC Orders 'Celebrity Wife Swap' Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Lochte Teammate James Feigen Apologizes, Details Rio Gas Station Gaffe & Brazilian Authorities' Big Fine Demands
Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters 'Barakah Meets Barakah' In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom's Second Submission Ever
Vice's Shane Smith To Big Media: "Open Sh*t Up" Or Alienate A Generation; Predicts M&A Frenzy; Talks Disney - Edinburgh
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Delivers Fox News Channel’s Second-Best Town Hall Demo Ratings
- Britney Spears TV Movie In Works At Lifetime; Natasha Bassett To Star
- Jon Favreau To Direct Seth MacFarlane’s Space Comedic Drama Series For Fox
- Double Emmy Nominee Derek McLane on ‘Hairspray Live’, Lady Gaga And ‘The Wiz!’
- Viceland Taps Ex-NBC Late-Night PR Exec Marc Liepis As Head of Communications
- ‘Nashville’: Connie Britton No Longer Regular; Will She Leave Country Drama?