EXCLUSIVE: With its celebrity reality juggernaut Dancing With the Stars showing little sign of slowing down, ABC is putting a celebrity spin on another veteran reality series, Wife Swap. ABC has ordered a celebrity edition of Wife Swap, in which celebrities switch lifestyles for a week. Wife Swap producer Zodiak USA is also behind the celebrity offshoot. I hear the order is for six episodes, with the casting currently under way. The network wouldn’t comment on celebrities who may be featured on the series, but Saturday Night Live alumna Victoria Jackson, who recently faced backlash for calling the gay kiss on Glee “sickening,” hinted on her blog last month that she had been approached. Wife Swap, which launched on ABC in 2004, is based on a British format. The original series did a series of celebrity episodes that scored big ratings on Channel 4. A staple on ABC for half a decade, Wife Swap, which hit the 100 episode mark in 2009, has been missing from the network’s lineup since August while continuing to run in off-network syndication on Lifetime. Maybe a celebrity version will reinvigorate the veteran franchise the way Celebrity Apprentice did with Donald Trump’s NBC reality series?
ABC Orders 'Celebrity Wife Swap' Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest TV News
- BBC Commissions New Dramas From ‘Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy’ Scribe & ‘Poldark’ Producer
- Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: “Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won’t Stand For Hate And Racism”
- ‘SNL’: Tina Fey Endorses Anti-Hate Cake; Jimmy Fallon, Seth Meyers Do Forefathers
- Barcelona Terrorist Attack: Police Thwart Second Plot After 13 Killed, 100+ Hurt In City – Update
- ‘For the People’ Creator Paul William Davies Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- ‘The Tick’ Review: Amazon’s First Superhero Series Works Best Weird