In what may be the first project put in development for next season, ABC has set the writing team of John Hoberg and Kat Likkel to create and executive produce My Formerly Hot Life, a half-hour single-camera comedy based on Stephanie Dolgoff’s bestselling memoir of the same name, which will be produced by ABC Studios. (The deal closed during last week’s upfronts, no less!) ABC nabbed the rights to the book last September in a competitive situation, with helmer Julie Anne Robinson (One For the Money) attached to direct and executive produce and Dolgoff and Christy Fletcher and Rebecca Gradinger of Fletcher & Co. to co-exec produce. Based on Dolgoff’s blog, My Formerly Hot Life is a comedic look at the good, the bad, and the ugly moments in a woman’s life as she adjusts to the realization that she is no longer forever 21. Hoberg and Likkel, who are under an overall deal at ABC Studios, served as co-executive producers on the ABC/Warner Bros. comedy series Better With You this past season. They previously were under an overall deal at 20th TV where they were co-executive producers on My Name Is Earl for four seasons and also worked on the comedy Better Off Ted. Hoberg and Likkel are repped by UTA, which also reps Robinson, Dolgoff, Fletcher and Gradinger, as well as Industry Entertainment.
ABC Gets In Development Mode With Half-Hour Comedy 'My Formerly Hot Life'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sylvester Stallone & Antoine Fuqua Plot TV Series 'Omerta,' 'The Godfather' Author Mario Puzo's Last Novel
Latest TV News
- Baltimore TV Station Bomb Threat: Suspect In Serious Condition; Bomb Was Made Of Candy Bars And Wire – Update
- Jeffrey Katzenberg To DWA Staff: “The Best Days Lie Ahead”
- Lifetime Hires Sharon Bordas As VP Scripted Series Development
- Kelly Ripa’s New Contract Strategy: Screaming Hairy Armadillo
- Mark Burnett Taps Barry Poznick As Head Of Unscripted For MGM TV Group
- Stephen Root Cast In Bill Hader's HBO Comedy Pilot ‘Barry’