Writing duo Patti Carr and Lara Olsen have landed their first showrunner gig – they have signed on to executive produce and run the CW’s drama 90210 next year.Carr and Olsen will succeed Rebecca Sinclair who recently left the teen soap, which has been renewed for next season. Once again, the CW went to the talent bench of its own series to recruit a new showrunner for 90210. Carr and Olsen were most recently co-executive producers on the CW’s praised but short-lived Life Unexpected, while Sinclair was a co-executive producer on Gilmore Girls. Carr and Olsen, repped by CAA and attorney Patti Felker, started off in comedy, with stints on such sitcoms as Reba and ‘Til Death, before segueing to hourlong series, including serving as co-executive producers on Private Practice. The two landed a pilot order in 2009 for their adaptation of the U.K. series Ny-Lon at CBS.
CW's '90210' Taps New Showrunners
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- CBS Buys Corinne Kingsbury Family Comedy From Kapital Entertainment
- Sony Pictures TV Taps PMK-BNC Exec Stacy Weitz As VP Communications
- Fox News Dominates But Down In August, CNN No. 2 In News Demo While MSNBC Takes Total Viewers
- Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama 'Warrior' From Justin Lin & ‘Banshee’ Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
- Deadline Advisory: TV Ratings Delayed
- Viacom To Rebrand MTV Hits As NickMusic