Writing duo Patti Carr and Lara Olsen have landed their first showrunner gig – they have signed on to executive produce and run the CW’s drama 90210 next year.Carr and Olsen will succeed Rebecca Sinclair who recently left the teen soap, which has been renewed for next season. Once again, the CW went to the talent bench of its own series to recruit a new showrunner for 90210. Carr and Olsen were most recently co-executive producers on the CW’s praised but short-lived Life Unexpected, while Sinclair was a co-executive producer on Gilmore Girls. Carr and Olsen, repped by CAA and attorney Patti Felker, started off in comedy, with stints on such sitcoms as Reba and ‘Til Death, before segueing to hourlong series, including serving as co-executive producers on Private Practice. The two landed a pilot order in 2009 for their adaptation of the U.K. series Ny-Lon at CBS.
CW's '90210' Taps New Showrunners
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Cosby Says Reports Of Sexual Assault Town Hall Tour Is "False," Despite Fact His PR Team Said It Was On - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘My Dinner With Hervé’: David Strathairn Cast In HBO Movie
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders Bites Press To Distract Them From New Trumpcare Blow
- BET Awards Ratings Fall From 2016, Both On Channel & Across Viacom Networks
- SAG-AFTRA Contract Talks Continue Despite Strike Threat
- Ed Asner Retracts And Apologizes For Allegations Against SAG-AFTRA Leaders
- Is The Premium Video Business Harder To Attack Than Digital Giants Imagined?