Writing duo Patti Carr and Lara Olsen have landed their first showrunner gig – they have signed on to executive produce and run the CW’s drama 90210 next year.Carr and Olsen will succeed Rebecca Sinclair who recently left the teen soap, which has been renewed for next season. Once again, the CW went to the talent bench of its own series to recruit a new showrunner for 90210. Carr and Olsen were most recently co-executive producers on the CW’s praised but short-lived Life Unexpected, while Sinclair was a co-executive producer on Gilmore Girls. Carr and Olsen, repped by CAA and attorney Patti Felker, started off in comedy, with stints on such sitcoms as Reba and ‘Til Death, before segueing to hourlong series, including serving as co-executive producers on Private Practice. The two landed a pilot order in 2009 for their adaptation of the U.K. series Ny-Lon at CBS.
CW's '90210' Taps New Showrunners
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
'Timeless' EP Eric Kripke On The Moment He Realized He Was Telling A James Bond Story — AwardsLine Screening Series
Latest TV News
- James Corden Can’t Escape Kurt Russell In Funny ‘Late Late Show’ Bit
- ‘Z: The Beginning Of Everything’ Renewed For Season 2 By Amazon
- Sean Hannity Could Leave Fox News If Murdochs Don’t Back Besieged Co-Prez Bill Shine
- ‘Dear White People’ Review: TV Series Based Movie Is Funny & Moving
- ‘Bachelor’ Alum Chris Soules’ Lawyers Insist He Didn’t Leave Scene Of Fatal Accident
- BET Greenlights New Series From Kevin Hart, Steve Harvey, Wanda Sykes & More – Upfronts