Writing duo Patti Carr and Lara Olsen have landed their first showrunner gig – they have signed on to executive produce and run the CW’s drama 90210 next year.Carr and Olsen will succeed Rebecca Sinclair who recently left the teen soap, which has been renewed for next season. Once again, the CW went to the talent bench of its own series to recruit a new showrunner for 90210. Carr and Olsen were most recently co-executive producers on the CW’s praised but short-lived Life Unexpected, while Sinclair was a co-executive producer on Gilmore Girls. Carr and Olsen, repped by CAA and attorney Patti Felker, started off in comedy, with stints on such sitcoms as Reba and ‘Til Death, before segueing to hourlong series, including serving as co-executive producers on Private Practice. The two landed a pilot order in 2009 for their adaptation of the U.K. series Ny-Lon at CBS.
CW's '90210' Taps New Showrunners
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'
- FX Renews Comedies 'Married' & 'You're The Worst', Moves 'Worst' To FXX
- NBC Nabs 'Raven Rock' Drama From Robert Zemeckis, Bob Cooper, eOne & Paramount TV
- Frances Berwick To Lead NBCU Lifestyle Networks, Adding Oversight Of E! & Esquire; Adam Stotsky Named E! GM
- 'Big' Series In Works At Fox With 'Enlisted's Kevin Biegel & Mike Royce