Writing duo Patti Carr and Lara Olsen have landed their first showrunner gig – they have signed on to executive produce and run the CW’s drama 90210 next year.Carr and Olsen will succeed Rebecca Sinclair who recently left the teen soap, which has been renewed for next season. Once again, the CW went to the talent bench of its own series to recruit a new showrunner for 90210. Carr and Olsen were most recently co-executive producers on the CW’s praised but short-lived Life Unexpected, while Sinclair was a co-executive producer on Gilmore Girls. Carr and Olsen, repped by CAA and attorney Patti Felker, started off in comedy, with stints on such sitcoms as Reba and ‘Til Death, before segueing to hourlong series, including serving as co-executive producers on Private Practice. The two landed a pilot order in 2009 for their adaptation of the U.K. series Ny-Lon at CBS.
CW's '90210' Taps New Showrunners
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
About 1 Million Watch Chelsea Handler Say So Long To E! As Gwen Stefani Nearly Fumbles Another TV Appearance: Video
More From Andreeva
- 'Friends' Stars Reprise Their Roles On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Family Man Comedy From Bill Wrubel Gets CBS Pilot Production Commitment
- Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama 'Nod' From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive