20th Century Fox and Chernin Entertainment have closed the deal for screen rights to Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children, the Ransom Riggs novel that’s about the discovery of an abandoned orphanage, where a tragedy sends a 16-year-old to an isolated island off of Wales, where he discovers the abandoned remains of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. As Jacob explores its abandoned bedrooms and hallways, he can see the children were more than peculiar, they might have been there because they were dangerous. And some of them might still be lurking around. The novel, called Harry Potter in tone, has several suitors, and I’m told Fox paid six against seven figures in an auction brokered by CAA and APA. Chernin, Dylan Clark and Jenno Topping are producing.
20th Century Fox Closes 'Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children'
What's Hot on Deadline
'X-Men: Apocalypse' Dawns With $101.5M; 'Angry Birds' Sings With $55.5M, 'Zootopia' #4 Animated Pic Ever Worldwide - Intl Box Office Final
'Fear The Walking Dead' EP Gale Anne Hurd Talks Explosive Midseason Finale, 'Walking Dead' Season 7 & What's Next
'Angry Birds' Takes Flight With $38M No. 1 Debut, 'Sorority' Rushes $21.7M, 'Nice Guys' Finish Last With $11.2M - Final B.O.
Latest Film News
- John Carpenter To Exec Produce New ‘Halloween’ For Miramax, Trancas & Blumhouse
- Guns N’ Roses Docu Gets 50-City Theatrical Preview From XLrator
- Alicia Coppola Joins ‘Cowgirl’s Story’; Johnathon Schaech Lands Roles In ‘Philly Fury’, ‘Day Of The Dead…
- DreamWorks Animation Hires Exec From Paramount As New Head Of Development
- Sony Acquires Thriller Pitch From Scribe Lori Evans Taylor For Akiva Goldsman To Produce
- SAG-AFTRA Files Unfair Labor Charges Against Ad Giant Grey Global