20th Century Fox and Chernin Entertainment have closed the deal for screen rights to Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children, the Ransom Riggs novel that’s about the discovery of an abandoned orphanage, where a tragedy sends a 16-year-old to an isolated island off of Wales, where he discovers the abandoned remains of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. As Jacob explores its abandoned bedrooms and hallways, he can see the children were more than peculiar, they might have been there because they were dangerous. And some of them might still be lurking around. The novel, called Harry Potter in tone, has several suitors, and I’m told Fox paid six against seven figures in an auction brokered by CAA and APA. Chernin, Dylan Clark and Jenno Topping are producing.
20th Century Fox Closes 'Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Maze Runner' Over $30M; Liam's Leisurely 'Walk' To $14M; 'Where I Leave You' Stays Put At No. 3
More From Fleming Jr
- Matt Damon, Zhang Yimou Want To Scale 'The Great Wall' In China
- Roberto Orci's 'Star Trek 3′ Commitment Knocks Him Out Of 'Power Rangers' Pic
- Aussie Thriller 'Kill Me Three Times' Sells To Magnolia: TIFF
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production On Joe Paterno Movie With Brian De Palma & Al Pacino
- Shark Spec Script 'In The Deep' Won By Sony