20th Century Fox and Chernin Entertainment have closed the deal for screen rights to Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children, the Ransom Riggs novel that’s about the discovery of an abandoned orphanage, where a tragedy sends a 16-year-old to an isolated island off of Wales, where he discovers the abandoned remains of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. As Jacob explores its abandoned bedrooms and hallways, he can see the children were more than peculiar, they might have been there because they were dangerous. And some of them might still be lurking around. The novel, called Harry Potter in tone, has several suitors, and I’m told Fox paid six against seven figures in an auction brokered by CAA and APA. Chernin, Dylan Clark and Jenno Topping are producing.
20th Century Fox Closes 'Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Power Rangers', 'CHIPS' & A Deep-Space Alien Won't Take This 'Beauty And The Beast' Down - Weekend Box Office Preview
Latest Film News
- Emmy Winner Kyle Chandler Joins New Line’s ‘Game Night’
- Mike Epps Reteams With Bruce Willis As ‘Acts Of Violence’ Sets Cast
- Graphic Novel ‘The Pro’ Hooks Movie Deal At Paramount
- No. 15 ‘Hidden Figures’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- Issa Rae Joins Bill Hader In ‘Empress Of Serenity’
- Joe & Anthony Russo Set Next Pic By ‘Swiss Army Man’ Daniels Duo