20th Century Fox and Chernin Entertainment have closed the deal for screen rights to Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children, the Ransom Riggs novel that’s about the discovery of an abandoned orphanage, where a tragedy sends a 16-year-old to an isolated island off of Wales, where he discovers the abandoned remains of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. As Jacob explores its abandoned bedrooms and hallways, he can see the children were more than peculiar, they might have been there because they were dangerous. And some of them might still be lurking around. The novel, called Harry Potter in tone, has several suitors, and I’m told Fox paid six against seven figures in an auction brokered by CAA and APA. Chernin, Dylan Clark and Jenno Topping are producing.
20th Century Fox Closes 'Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children'
What's Hot on Deadline
We Called It: 'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Sells To Fox Searchlight & Indian Paintbrush For Record $12M - Sundance Update
More From Fleming Jr
- UPDATE: Lionsgate Closes Eli Roth-Keanu Reeves Thriller ‘Knock Knock’ At $2.5 Million
- Not So Fast On ‘Dying Girl’ Record: FSL Indian Paintbrush Deal Promises Upside, But Not Fest Record
- ‘Strongest Man’ Helmer Kenny Riches Signs With UTA; Sundance
- Bart & Fleming: January Movie Turds; ‘Fruitvale’s Ryan Coogler Taking ‘Rocky’ Road; Bill Maher Shaming Liberals Over…
- We Called It: ‘Me And Earl And The Dying Girl’ Sells To Fox Searchlight & Indian Paintbrush For Record $12M…
- ‘Selma’s Ava DuVernay & David Oyelowo Reunite For Hurricane Katrina Pic