20th Century Fox and Chernin Entertainment have closed the deal for screen rights to Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children, the Ransom Riggs novel that’s about the discovery of an abandoned orphanage, where a tragedy sends a 16-year-old to an isolated island off of Wales, where he discovers the abandoned remains of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. As Jacob explores its abandoned bedrooms and hallways, he can see the children were more than peculiar, they might have been there because they were dangerous. And some of them might still be lurking around. The novel, called Harry Potter in tone, has several suitors, and I’m told Fox paid six against seven figures in an auction brokered by CAA and APA. Chernin, Dylan Clark and Jenno Topping are producing.
20th Century Fox Closes 'Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Skydance Gets Own Marketing Maven: Anne Globe Hired As CMO
- Tribeca Firms World Narrative, Docus And Viewpoint Titles For Fest
- Netflix Outbidding Movie Buyers? Near Whopping Deal For ‘Beasts Of No Nation’
- Jennifer Lawrence, Steven Spielberg & Warner Bros Land War Photog Memoir ‘It’s What I Do’
- Drew Goddard Meeting To Script, Helm New ‘Spider-Man’
- Weinstein Gobbles McDonald’s ‘Founder’ Pic; Michael Keaton Starring