A Writers Guild arbitration upheld the WGA decision that Ashley Miller & Zack Stentz and Jane Goldman & Matthew Vaughn deserve screenplay credit on X-Men: First Class, with Sheldon Turner (who wrote an origin film about Magneto) and Bryan Singer (who wrote an outline for the film at the beginning) getting story credit. There were more writers on the films than mutants in it and a skirmish unfolded for script credit. The Vaughn-directed Fox film opens June 3.
'X-Men: First Class' Writing Credit Dispute Resolved
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Film News
- Hollywood Remembers Jonathan Demme: “I’ve Known Few Like Him”, Says Ron Howard
- Chris Morgan Productions & Voltage Pictures Team On Action Title ‘The Prodigal’
- Jonathan Demme Has Died At 73; Director Extraordinaire Won Oscar For ‘Silence Of The Lambs’
- Orion & Samuel Goldwyn Nab Philippa Lowthorpe's ‘Swallows And Amazons’
- Netflix Seeks French Compromise For Cannes Films 'Okja' And 'The Meyerowitz Stories'
- Protagonist Pictures Boards Directors’ Fortnight Title ‘The Rider’ — Cannes