The Pittsburgh Film Office announced today that the city has been chosen to host the production of Warner Bros’ The Dark Knight Rises, which is set to begin shooting this summer. “We are thrilled to be welcoming the Batman film to Pittsburgh, and eager for the economic impact that our city will experience,” Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl said. “This is another example of the growing film industry in our community, and we will be rolling out the red carpet for them.” Said director Christopher Nolan: “Pittsburgh is a beautiful city. We have been able to find everything we were looking for here, and I am excited to spend the summer in Pittsburgh with our final installment of Batman.” The last film in Nolan’s Batman trilogy is slated to premiere July 20, 2012.
Warner Bros' 'The Dark Knight Rises' To Shoot In Pittsburgh
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Black Panther’ Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film’s Record-Breaking Weekend
- Weinstein Co. Bidders Eyeing Sit-Down With New York AG As Lawsuit Stalls Sale
- Duplass Brothers Contest Finalist Film ‘Lost Bayou’ Sets Cast; Kristanna Loken Cast In ‘University Intelligence…
- ‘Paddington’s Paul King In Talks To Direct Live-Action ‘Pinocchio’ For Disney
- California’s IMDb Age Law Violates First Amendment, Federal Court Rules; SAG-AFTRA “Extremely Disappointed”…
- Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives…