The Pittsburgh Film Office announced today that the city has been chosen to host the production of Warner Bros’ The Dark Knight Rises, which is set to begin shooting this summer. “We are thrilled to be welcoming the Batman film to Pittsburgh, and eager for the economic impact that our city will experience,” Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl said. “This is another example of the growing film industry in our community, and we will be rolling out the red carpet for them.” Said director Christopher Nolan: “Pittsburgh is a beautiful city. We have been able to find everything we were looking for here, and I am excited to spend the summer in Pittsburgh with our final installment of Batman.” The last film in Nolan’s Batman trilogy is slated to premiere July 20, 2012.
Warner Bros' 'The Dark Knight Rises' To Shoot In Pittsburgh
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Academy President Cheryl Boone Isaacs Gets Pioneer Of The Year Award, Urges Diversity And Inclusion – CinemaCon
- WGA Says It’s Ready To Return To Bargaining Table – Update
- ‘Justice League’, ‘Wonder Woman’ & ‘Aquaman’ Fire Up Audience For Warner Bros…
- Fright Franchise ‘Five Nights At Freddy’s’ Blumhouse-Bound?
- Christopher Nolan Shows Off ‘Dunkirk,’ Says "The Only Way To Carry You Through" The Film Is At A Theater…
- ‘Annabelle 2’ Now Titled ‘Annabelle: Creation’ – CinemaCon