EXCLUSIVE: I’m told that German actress Antje Traue is the frontrunner to join Michael Shannon as the major villains of the Zack Snyder-directed Superman film Man of Steel. Since Shannon is playing General Zod, might Traue be playing his accomplice, Ursa, who appeared in the first two Superman films? Traue starred with Ben Foster and Dennis Quaid in Pandorum, and she is currently in Sweden shooting the Peter Flinth-directed Nobels Testament. Traue has been in the hunt for a big studio role. She tested for The Rite, which went to Alice Braga, and also met Marc Forster to play Brad Pitt’s character’s wife in World War Z, a role that went to The Killing star Mireille Enos. She is repped by Greene & Associates, Spielkind in Germany and UK’s Troika.
Superman Close To Landing His Villainess?
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Gore Verbinski On Cancellation Of North Korea-Based Steve Carell Film
- Aaron Sorkin On Free Speech As Casualty In 'The Interview' Cancellation
- It's Official: Sony Scraps 'The Interview'
- Michael Stuhlbarg Joins Steve Jobs Pic
- Sony Scraps TV Advertising On 'The Interview'