EXCLUSIVE: I’m told that German actress Antje Traue is the frontrunner to join Michael Shannon as the major villains of the Zack Snyder-directed Superman film Man of Steel. Since Shannon is playing General Zod, might Traue be playing his accomplice, Ursa, who appeared in the first two Superman films? Traue starred with Ben Foster and Dennis Quaid in Pandorum, and she is currently in Sweden shooting the Peter Flinth-directed Nobels Testament. Traue has been in the hunt for a big studio role. She tested for The Rite, which went to Alice Braga, and also met Marc Forster to play Brad Pitt’s character’s wife in World War Z, a role that went to The Killing star Mireille Enos. She is repped by Greene & Associates, Spielkind in Germany and UK’s Troika.
Superman Close To Landing His Villainess?
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Rules Soft Super Bowl Weekend; Auds Give $11M & Thumb Down 'Caesar' - Saturday AM Update
Paramount Lands 'Conquest'; Plan To Re-Team 'The Revenant's Leonardo DiCaprio And Scribe Mark L. Smith
Latest Film News
- DGA Awards: Inarritu’s Big Win Gives Momentum To ‘Revenant’ But Keeps Best Picture Race In The…
- Annie Awards: ‘Inside Out’ Takes Best Animated Feature – Complete Winners List
- Annie Awards Livestream & Winners List
- DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For ‘The Revenant’; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For ‘Game Of Thrones’…
- New ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Trailer”: Lionsgate Unleashes Super Bowl Spot A Day Early
- Deadline’s DGA Awards Live Blog