EXCLUSIVE: I’m told that German actress Antje Traue is the frontrunner to join Michael Shannon as the major villains of the Zack Snyder-directed Superman film Man of Steel. Since Shannon is playing General Zod, might Traue be playing his accomplice, Ursa, who appeared in the first two Superman films? Traue starred with Ben Foster and Dennis Quaid in Pandorum, and she is currently in Sweden shooting the Peter Flinth-directed Nobels Testament. Traue has been in the hunt for a big studio role. She tested for The Rite, which went to Alice Braga, and also met Marc Forster to play Brad Pitt’s character’s wife in World War Z, a role that went to The Killing star Mireille Enos. She is repped by Greene & Associates, Spielkind in Germany and UK’s Troika.
Superman Close To Landing His Villainess?
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- New Line Sets ‘How To Be Single’ Cast
- Woody Allen’s Latest Movie Gets A Title And Sony Classics Deal
- Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions Pre-Buys Rights To Chloe Moretz-Ansel Elgort-Starrer ‘November Criminals’
- Nicolas Winding Refn Sets Abbey Lee To Star In ‘Neon Demon’
- CBS Films Acquires Spec ‘Senior Year’
- Magnolia Howls For ‘The Wolfpack’ – Sundance