Maggie, the John Scott 3-penned spec script about the six-week metamorphosis of a 16-year-old teenage girl into a zombie, is back on the market. The spec was close to a deal with Timur Bekmambetov (I’d heard it closed), but I’m told the exclusive negotiation has ended without a deal in place. Bekmambetov planned to produce a film that comes with vfx wiz Henry Hobson set to direct. There are three parties now circling a project, which has a $5 million budget. Now, this isn’t your standard flesh-eater zombie film. Much of it is the bond between the young girl and her distraught father as she contracts the plague-like virus that is sweeping the world, and it slowly takes hold of her.
Walking Dead Spec 'Maggie' Back On Market
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Fleming Jr
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April 'Inferno' Start