Maggie, the John Scott 3-penned spec script about the six-week metamorphosis of a 16-year-old teenage girl into a zombie, is back on the market. The spec was close to a deal with Timur Bekmambetov (I’d heard it closed), but I’m told the exclusive negotiation has ended without a deal in place. Bekmambetov planned to produce a film that comes with vfx wiz Henry Hobson set to direct. There are three parties now circling a project, which has a $5 million budget. Now, this isn’t your standard flesh-eater zombie film. Much of it is the bond between the young girl and her distraught father as she contracts the plague-like virus that is sweeping the world, and it slowly takes hold of her.
Walking Dead Spec 'Maggie' Back On Market
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Film News
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2’: $100M Offshore Bow In The Mix? – International Box Office Preview
- Harvey Weinstein On ‘3 Generations’ Ratings Dilemma: Cut, Or Risk Losing Access To Teen Audience
- National CineMedia Promotes Lawrence Snapp To Chief Digital Officer
- ‘Agents Of SHIELD’s Chloe Bennet, Logan Paul & More Join MGM’s ‘Valley Girl’ Remake
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Filmmaker Ted Melfi Lines Up Strong Ensemble Cast For ‘El Camino Christmas…
- Adam Sandler & Chris Rock Team For Robert Smigel-Helmed ‘The Week Of’ At Netflix