EXCLUSIVE: Ving Rhames has been tapped to play the title character in Comedy Central’s pilot Black Jack, lifting the contingency on the project. The single-camera comedy, directed and executive produced by Pineapple Express helmer David Gordon Green, hails from Rough House, Green’s production company with Danny McBride, Jody Hill and Matt Reilly. Written by Michael Starrbury, it centers on Black Jack (Rhames) who, after 20 years as the most kick-ass special ops agent the US government has had on its payroll, finally goes too far and is de-commissioned. Comedy Central picked up the pilot last month contingent on finding the right actor for the lead. Green, Starrbury, McBride, Hill and Reilly are exec producing. This is the second time Rhames, repped by Innovative and Kramer Management, would play the title role in a series, following his starring turn on USA’s Kojak remake in 2005. He also played the title character in the 1997 HBO biopic Don King: Only in America, which earned him a Golden Globe win and an Emmy nomination. In features, he is best known for his roles in Mission: Impossible and Pulp Fiction.
Ving Rhames To Star In Comedy Central's 'Black Jack', Lifts Pilot's Contingency
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Trailer: Wonder Woman Saves School Children, But Is Superman Still Alive? - Comic-Con
Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy 'Saturday Night Live' Parody "Funny"; Sean Hannity Reminds Him It's Not
'Marvel's The Defenders' Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series - Comic-Con
From ‘Fauda’s Assaf Bernstein On ‘Rose Madder' To ‘The Shining’ Onstage: What’s Behind Stephen King’s Hollywood Renaissance?
Latest TV News
- ‘The Flash’ Season 4 Trailer: Get Ready For A New-Look Team Flash On The CW
- Jake Paul Exits Disney Channel Series ‘Bizaardvark’
- ‘Arrow’: ‘Lost’ Star Michael Emerson To Recur In Season 6; David Nykl Returns, Watch Trailer…
- Comic-Con: ‘Midnight, Texas’ Creator Charlaine Harris “Trusts The Integrity” Of NBC Adaptation
- ‘Ghost Wars’ Trailer: “Unholy Sh*t” Hits Fan In First Look At Syfy Horror Series – Comic-Con
- ‘The Flash’: Neil Sandilands To Play The Thinker; Danny Trejo & Kim Engelbrecht Also Cast – Comic-Con