Verve, the upstart lit agency hatched by Bryan Besser, Bill Weinstein and Adam Levine in January 2010, today made its first agent promotion from within by giving Rob Herting his dealmaker stripes. They made it memorable, with help from Summit production chief Erik Feig. The partners set a meeting with screenwriter clients Jon & Erich Hoeber to discuss titles for the sequel to Red. They told the entire company that Summit was forcing a title the duo didn’t like, and challenged everyone to coming into the conference room ready to pitch. They got Feig on the speakerphone and went right to Herting. After he floated his idea, Herting was asked by Feig who he was. When Herting said he was an assistant, Feig told the room: “Guys? What are you doing? I really like this idea. This kid should obviously be an agent.” The Verve partners who set the whole thing up then promoted him on the spot. Herting, a hockey player at the University of Connecticut, started in the Endeavor mailroom, worked for Tom Strickler, Weinstein, Levine and Sharon Jackson, and then left with the partners when they formed Verve.
Verve Makes Agency's First Dealmaker Promotion With Help Of Summit's Erik Feig
Trending Now on Deadline
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
Parents & Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized To Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
More From Fleming Jr
- MGM Nabs Hot Pitch 'Cop Swap'; Rematch With 'Hot Tub Time Machine' Helmer Steve Pink
- Rich Green Jumps To ICM Partners; Top Book-To-Film Rights Broker Leaves Resolution
- TPG Spends $225 Million In Deal That Ups Stake In CAA To 53%
- Lionsgate, Tribeca Team For Subscription VOD Launch
- Bart & Fleming: WB's Spandex OD; Ebola The Series; Neil Patrick Harris Near EGOT
- Netflix & Leonardo DiCaprio Team On 'Virunga' Documentary Release