EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures has set Vera Farmiga to star with Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds in Safe House, the Daniel Espinosa-directed drama. Production is already under way, with Reynolds playing a young agent assigned to escort a dangerous criminal to safety after they are attacked at a safe house. Brendan Gleeson, Sam Shepard, Robert Patrick and Liam Cunningham will also star in the drama. Scott Stuber is producing and Intrepid Pictures’ Trevor Macy and Marc D. Evans are exec producers. Farmiga will play a CIA operative supervising Reynolds’ character. Farmiga stars in Source Code and made her directorial debut in Higher Ground, which debuted at the Sundance Film Festival. She’s repped by CAA and Authentic.
Vera Farmiga Joins Thriller 'Safe House'
What's Hot on Deadline
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Frat Pack’ Producers Say Cast & Crew Have Been Paid After Delay – Updated
- Christopher McQuarrie Accepts ‘Mission: Impossible 6’
- The Weinstein Co. Puts ‘The Alchemist’ In Turnaround
- RealD Says Potential Bidders Backed Off Over Concerns About 3D’s Prospects
- Fullscreen Taps Ex-Hulu Boss Andy Forssell As COO
- Slamdance Film Festival Slate Announced