EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures has set Vera Farmiga to star with Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds in Safe House, the Daniel Espinosa-directed drama. Production is already under way, with Reynolds playing a young agent assigned to escort a dangerous criminal to safety after they are attacked at a safe house. Brendan Gleeson, Sam Shepard, Robert Patrick and Liam Cunningham will also star in the drama. Scott Stuber is producing and Intrepid Pictures’ Trevor Macy and Marc D. Evans are exec producers. Farmiga will play a CIA operative supervising Reynolds’ character. Farmiga stars in Source Code and made her directorial debut in Higher Ground, which debuted at the Sundance Film Festival. She’s repped by CAA and Authentic.
Vera Farmiga Joins Thriller 'Safe House'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Put On Leave Of Absence Following Sexual Assault Allegations
- Few Details From News Conference With Lawyer Of Woman At Center Of LAPD Harvey Weinstein Probe
- AFI Fest Centerpieces Set: ‘Call Me By Your Name’, ‘The Disaster Artist’ & ‘Hostiles’
- ‘Boo 2!’s Likely $23M+ Opening Steals Sunshine From ‘Geostorm’, ‘Snowman’…
- Ex-Actress Latest To Accuse Harvey Weinstein Of Sexual Assault
- Jessica Chastain Sitting Bull Painter Pic ‘Woman Walks Ahead’ Snapped Up By A24 & DirecTV