EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures has set Vera Farmiga to star with Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds in Safe House, the Daniel Espinosa-directed drama. Production is already under way, with Reynolds playing a young agent assigned to escort a dangerous criminal to safety after they are attacked at a safe house. Brendan Gleeson, Sam Shepard, Robert Patrick and Liam Cunningham will also star in the drama. Scott Stuber is producing and Intrepid Pictures’ Trevor Macy and Marc D. Evans are exec producers. Farmiga will play a CIA operative supervising Reynolds’ character. Farmiga stars in Source Code and made her directorial debut in Higher Ground, which debuted at the Sundance Film Festival. She’s repped by CAA and Authentic.
Vera Farmiga Joins Thriller 'Safe House'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Movie Theaters Sold $758.3M In Ads Last Year Driven By National/Regional Growth
- Universal CinemaCon Session Starts With ‘Despicable Me 3’ Sit-Down Between Chris Meledandri & Steve Carell…
- No. 6 ‘The Jungle Book’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- 'It' Teaser Trailer: Pennywise Creeps Back Into Our Lives
- SXSW Winner ‘Dealt’ Ends Up In Sundance Selects’ Hand
- ‘The Journey’ Trailer: Timothy Spall & Colm Meaney Forge Unlikely Friendship In Political Road Pic