EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures has set Vera Farmiga to star with Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds in Safe House, the Daniel Espinosa-directed drama. Production is already under way, with Reynolds playing a young agent assigned to escort a dangerous criminal to safety after they are attacked at a safe house. Brendan Gleeson, Sam Shepard, Robert Patrick and Liam Cunningham will also star in the drama. Scott Stuber is producing and Intrepid Pictures’ Trevor Macy and Marc D. Evans are exec producers. Farmiga will play a CIA operative supervising Reynolds’ character. Farmiga stars in Source Code and made her directorial debut in Higher Ground, which debuted at the Sundance Film Festival. She’s repped by CAA and Authentic.
Vera Farmiga Joins Thriller 'Safe House'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Amy Schumer Playing ‘Barbie’
- Christine Woods, ‘Suicide Squad’s Karen Fukuhara & More Join ‘Sleight’ Team’s ‘Stray…
- ‘Arrival’ Lands $100M+ At Global Box Office As Rollout, Awards Momentum Continue
- Oscars: ‘Rogue One,’ ‘Doctor Strange’ Make Cut As Academy Narrows Visual Effects Race
- Al Brodax Dead: ‘Yellow Submarine’ Feature Film Producer Was 90
- Disney’s Bob Iger Lone Media Boss On Donald Trump’s New Policy Forum Team