A day after Time Warner Cable took down 12 channels from its new TWCableTV iPad app following outcry from News Corp, Viacom and Discovery Communications, the company said it has added 17 more, including ones from Disney (ABC Family, Disney XD, ESPN among them) and NBCUniversal (USA, MSNBC, Syfy). The newcomers obviously don’t have as much of a problem with the core issue behind the app-flap: letting Time Warner Cable put channel content on two platforms, which News Corp was strongly against and sent a cease-and-desist letter saying so, citing that tablets weren’t included in existing programming agreements. The cable company’s blog that is following the developments said even more iPad channels were on the way despite the defecting programmers, who “have chosen to sit on the bank and kick rocks.”
TW Cable iPad App Adds More Channels
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE