A day after Time Warner Cable took down 12 channels from its new TWCableTV iPad app following outcry from News Corp, Viacom and Discovery Communications, the company said it has added 17 more, including ones from Disney (ABC Family, Disney XD, ESPN among them) and NBCUniversal (USA, MSNBC, Syfy). The newcomers obviously don’t have as much of a problem with the core issue behind the app-flap: letting Time Warner Cable put channel content on two platforms, which News Corp was strongly against and sent a cease-and-desist letter saying so, citing that tablets weren’t included in existing programming agreements. The cable company’s blog that is following the developments said even more iPad channels were on the way despite the defecting programmers, who “have chosen to sit on the bank and kick rocks.”
TW Cable iPad App Adds More Channels
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Team
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016
- 'Simpsons World' Debuts Tomorrow