A day after Time Warner Cable took down 12 channels from its new TWCableTV iPad app following outcry from News Corp, Viacom and Discovery Communications, the company said it has added 17 more, including ones from Disney (ABC Family, Disney XD, ESPN among them) and NBCUniversal (USA, MSNBC, Syfy). The newcomers obviously don’t have as much of a problem with the core issue behind the app-flap: letting Time Warner Cable put channel content on two platforms, which News Corp was strongly against and sent a cease-and-desist letter saying so, citing that tablets weren’t included in existing programming agreements. The cable company’s blog that is following the developments said even more iPad channels were on the way despite the defecting programmers, who “have chosen to sit on the bank and kick rocks.”
TW Cable iPad App Adds More Channels
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Alibaba's Big Day Shifts Focus To Yahoo
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'
- Universal Nabs Rights To 'Let It Snow' Short Stories Featuring Hot Author John Green
- Angelina Jolie To Direct Elephant Poaching Tale 'Africa' For Skydance
- Amber Heard To Co-Star In 'Magic Mike 2′