The annual Time 100 List is out. From Hollywood, the magazine has selected an eclectic grouping that includes actresses Amy Poehler, Blake Lively and Alice In Wonderland star Mia Wasikowska, Oscar-winning The King’s Speech star Colin Firth, Pixar’s John Lasseter, The Fighter star/producer Mark Wahlberg, Netflix CEO Reed Hastings, and producer Scott Rudin. The magazine has also included Oprah Winfrey (eighth straight year on the list), Mad Men creator Matt Weiner, Sting, fashion designer/film director Tom Ford, singer-turned-screen star Justin Bieber, singer/actor Chris Colfer, and Matt Damon (for his work on Water.org). Choices in the lit community include Jennifer Egan, whose Pulitzer Prize-winning novel A Visit From The Goon Squad was just optioned by HBO for a series, and Jonathan Franzen.
Time Magazine Taps Hollywood For '100 Most Influential People In The World' List
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest Film News
- Activist Organization Hosts Voter Registration Events At ‘Black Panther’ Screenings
- Blue Fox Hires Myriad Pictures’ Audrey Delaney As Marketing & Distribution SVP – Berlin
- José Padilha Lifts The Lid On ‘7 Days In Entebbe’ – Berlin
- ‘Black Panther’ Blasts Off With $169M Overseas; $371M WW Weekend – International Box Office
- ‘Black Panther’ Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred ‘Jurassic World’ & Possibly ‘Last Jedi…
- M.I.A & Ed Sheeran Films Drum Up Global Interest in Rock Docs – Berlin