The annual Time 100 List is out. From Hollywood, the magazine has selected an eclectic grouping that includes actresses Amy Poehler, Blake Lively and Alice In Wonderland star Mia Wasikowska, Oscar-winning The King’s Speech star Colin Firth, Pixar’s John Lasseter, The Fighter star/producer Mark Wahlberg, Netflix CEO Reed Hastings, and producer Scott Rudin. The magazine has also included Oprah Winfrey (eighth straight year on the list), Mad Men creator Matt Weiner, Sting, fashion designer/film director Tom Ford, singer-turned-screen star Justin Bieber, singer/actor Chris Colfer, and Matt Damon (for his work on Water.org). Choices in the lit community include Jennifer Egan, whose Pulitzer Prize-winning novel A Visit From The Goon Squad was just optioned by HBO for a series, and Jonathan Franzen.
Time Magazine Taps Hollywood For '100 Most Influential People In The World' List
What's Hot on Deadline
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Isn’t Enough To Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many…
- Iran & France Praise Asghar Farhadi’s Foreign Language Oscar Win (& Boycott)
- Rose Garnett Named BBC Films Chief
- Another Oscars Gaffe: Image Of Living Australian Producer Mistakenly Used During In Memoriam Segment
- Viola Davis & Mahershala Ali’s Oscar Wins Prove Successful Film & TV Careers Can Co-Exist
- Oscar’s Best Picture Screwup: The Real Story, As Pricewaterhouse Takes Blame