With a lot of drama, spectacular shots and Tiger Woods back in contention, CBS Sports’ coverage of the 2011 Masters yesterday earned a 10.4 household rating/22 share, down 13% from last year’s championship, which marked Woods’ return to the tour after three months off following his Thanksgiving car crash and the slew of embarrassing revelations about his personal life. It was still the second-highest number in 10 years behind last year’s tournament, up 18% from 2009 and 17% from 2008. In 2001, Woods’ second Masters win netted a blockbuster 12.9/27. On Sunday, Woods finished tied for fourth, while South African Charl Schwartzel landed the Green Jacket by birdieing the final four holes.
The Masters' Final Round Solid In Ratings, Down From Last Year
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'