The American Idol voting public does not like women contestants. How else to explain that a field of seven female and six male finalists on Fox’s Idol has now been whittled down to only two women and the same six men? All five eliminated contestants so far have been gals. The judges saved the only endangered male contestant. But the voting is so heavily skewed in the male singers’ favor that the voting results can’t possibly be random. Especially after tonight’s shocker elimination of frontrunner Pia Toscano. I wish Nigel Lythgoe & Co could declare the two remaining females an endangered species and grant them immunity for a few rounds to achieve a better gender balance on the show. And while that, of course, can’t happen, the producers should at least keep the gals away from the opening slot on performance night, which often sends singers to the Bottom 3. Yes, democracy is great, but maybe a little affirmative action here won’t hurt. And above all, female voters should try to support their own. Feel free to disagree with me.
Why Are 'Idol' Female Singers Vanishing?
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Asks Anderson Cooper How Corey Lewandowski Works For CNN While Still Getting Trump Money
Veep Candidate Tim Kaine Dispatches Donald Trump Over Hillary 'Bigot' Remarks On Stephen Colbert's 'Late Show' – Update
Donald Trump Talks "Tunnel Technology" And Hillary Clinton As "Bigot" In Interview With Anderson Cooper
Latest TV News
- James Corden On The Fruits Of ‘Carpool Karaoke’, The Internet And Those Emmy Nominations – AwardsLine
- Writer Diane Ademu-John Inks Overall Deal with 20th TV, Joins ‘Empire’ As Co-EP
- Jimmy Kimmel Comes Clean To Hillary Clinton Pickle Jar Truthers
- Fire Erupts On Set Of History Series ‘Knightfall’ In Prague
- Legal Drama From Marcia Clark & Mandeville TV Lands At NBC As Put Pilot
- Preseason NFL Football Propels NBC Ratings Win