The American Idol voting public does not like women contestants. How else to explain that a field of seven female and six male finalists on Fox’s Idol has now been whittled down to only two women and the same six men? All five eliminated contestants so far have been gals. The judges saved the only endangered male contestant. But the voting is so heavily skewed in the male singers’ favor that the voting results can’t possibly be random. Especially after tonight’s shocker elimination of frontrunner Pia Toscano. I wish Nigel Lythgoe & Co could declare the two remaining females an endangered species and grant them immunity for a few rounds to achieve a better gender balance on the show. And while that, of course, can’t happen, the producers should at least keep the gals away from the opening slot on performance night, which often sends singers to the Bottom 3. Yes, democracy is great, but maybe a little affirmative action here won’t hurt. And above all, female voters should try to support their own. Feel free to disagree with me.
Why Are 'Idol' Female Singers Vanishing?
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters "Ridiculous"; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC - Update
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
Latest TV News
- AMC Networks Launching Five MENA Channels With Qatar’s beIN Pay TV Platform
- Stephen Colbert Kicks Off ‘Late Show’ DNC Week With Trippy Song And Dance
- Stephen Colbert Rushes DNC Podium With Security In Hot Pursuit
- Michelle Obama’s Stirring DNC Speech Gets Rousing Hollywood Reaction
- Bernie Sanders “Disappointed” But Offers Strong Endorsement Of Hillary Clinton – After Awhile
- Donald Trump Claims Elizabeth Warren “Misrepresented” Him In Hard-Hitting DNC Speech – Update