Wild Hogs director Walt Becker, co-creator/executive producer of TBS’ first hourlong comedy series, Glory Daze, is back at the cable network with another hourlong comedy project, U-Boat. The buddy detective comedy was written on spec by former George Lopez executive producer Dave Caplan, who recently served as a consulting producer on another buddy crime show, TNT’s Rizzoli & Isles. Becker is executive producing U-boat with feature producers Bryan and Sean Furst (Daybreakers). Becker is attached to direct. (He also helmed the pilot for Glory Daze, which was picked up to series that ran for one season.) Like Becker, Caplan also has written a pilot for TBS before, an untitled 2008 half-hour comedy starring Valerie Bertinelli. Both are repped by CAA.
TBS Buys 'U-Boat' Hourlong Comedy Spec
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Poised To Kick 'Gravity' Out Of Orbit For The October Opening Record; 'The Walk' +81% On Saturday - Late Night B.O.
Latest TV News
- Leslie Jones, Miley Cyrus Out-Orgasm Meg Ryan On ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Crude, Rude “Message From Donald & Melania Trump” Launches Season 41 Of ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Violent Rains Flood Cannes As Mipcom Organizers Mobilize In Wake Of Disaster
- Barkeep Hillary Clinton Sets ‘Em Up For Laughs On ‘Saturday Night Live’ Premiere
- Scooter Braun & Cyber Group Partner On ‘Rock Angels’ Animated Musical Series – Mipcom
- Abby Huntsman Joins Fox News As Reporter