Wild Hogs director Walt Becker, co-creator/executive producer of TBS’ first hourlong comedy series, Glory Daze, is back at the cable network with another hourlong comedy project, U-Boat. The buddy detective comedy was written on spec by former George Lopez executive producer Dave Caplan, who recently served as a consulting producer on another buddy crime show, TNT’s Rizzoli & Isles. Becker is executive producing U-boat with feature producers Bryan and Sean Furst (Daybreakers). Becker is attached to direct. (He also helmed the pilot for Glory Daze, which was picked up to series that ran for one season.) Like Becker, Caplan also has written a pilot for TBS before, an untitled 2008 half-hour comedy starring Valerie Bertinelli. Both are repped by CAA.
TBS Buys 'U-Boat' Hourlong Comedy Spec
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate