Wild Hogs director Walt Becker, co-creator/executive producer of TBS’ first hourlong comedy series, Glory Daze, is back at the cable network with another hourlong comedy project, U-Boat. The buddy detective comedy was written on spec by former George Lopez executive producer Dave Caplan, who recently served as a consulting producer on another buddy crime show, TNT’s Rizzoli & Isles. Becker is executive producing U-boat with feature producers Bryan and Sean Furst (Daybreakers). Becker is attached to direct. (He also helmed the pilot for Glory Daze, which was picked up to series that ran for one season.) Like Becker, Caplan also has written a pilot for TBS before, an untitled 2008 half-hour comedy starring Valerie Bertinelli. Both are repped by CAA.
TBS Buys 'U-Boat' Hourlong Comedy Spec
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series