Wild Hogs director Walt Becker, co-creator/executive producer of TBS’ first hourlong comedy series, Glory Daze, is back at the cable network with another hourlong comedy project, U-Boat. The buddy detective comedy was written on spec by former George Lopez executive producer Dave Caplan, who recently served as a consulting producer on another buddy crime show, TNT’s Rizzoli & Isles. Becker is executive producing U-boat with feature producers Bryan and Sean Furst (Daybreakers). Becker is attached to direct. (He also helmed the pilot for Glory Daze, which was picked up to series that ran for one season.) Like Becker, Caplan also has written a pilot for TBS before, an untitled 2008 half-hour comedy starring Valerie Bertinelli. Both are repped by CAA.
TBS Buys 'U-Boat' Hourlong Comedy Spec
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- Lea Thompson To Co-Star In Fox Comedy Pilot ‘Our People’ From Lee Daniels
- ‘Fam’ CBS Comedy Pilot Casts Odessa Adlon; Dennis Andres Joins ABC’s ‘Greatest American Hero’
- Olympics Draws 16.4M Total Viewers, Lowest Weeknight Result Of 2018 – Update
- ‘Pandas In New York’: Nishi Munshi Joins CBS Comedy Pilot
- Noir Thriller VR Series ‘Memory Palace’ In Works From Telexist & Good Deed
- ‘The Village’: Warren Christie Cast In NBC Drama Pilot