Starz Entertainment has hired longtime HBO executive Russell Schwartz to be its SVP Business & Legal Affairs. He will be based in Los Angeles, where he will help spearhead the company’s growing Starz Originals and TV production business, which has been ramping up under CEO Chris Albrecht, a former colleague at HBO. “Russell brings to Starz a wealth of knowledge, experience, and business affairs acumen that will serve the company well as we expand our footprint into original programming,” said Steve Beabout, Starz Entertainment’s EVP, General Counsel and Secretary, who announced the hire. “Specifically, Russell has extensive experience in the premium television business from his time at HBO and has a track record of success throughout his career practicing law and in the entertainment industry.”
Starz Hires Russell Schwartz As SVP Business & Legal Affairs
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'