Starz Entertainment has hired longtime HBO executive Russell Schwartz to be its SVP Business & Legal Affairs. He will be based in Los Angeles, where he will help spearhead the company’s growing Starz Originals and TV production business, which has been ramping up under CEO Chris Albrecht, a former colleague at HBO. “Russell brings to Starz a wealth of knowledge, experience, and business affairs acumen that will serve the company well as we expand our footprint into original programming,” said Steve Beabout, Starz Entertainment’s EVP, General Counsel and Secretary, who announced the hire. “Specifically, Russell has extensive experience in the premium television business from his time at HBO and has a track record of success throughout his career practicing law and in the entertainment industry.”
Starz Hires Russell Schwartz As SVP Business & Legal Affairs
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown' Ratings: CNN Season Premiere Down With 538,000 Viewers
- 'Bone Tomahawk' Adds Five To Cast; Kristina Lauren Anderson To Adapt YA Novel 'Invisibility'
- TV Academy's Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen From Hall Of Fame Plaza
- SoftBank Eyes Stake In Legendary Pictures As DreamWorks Animation Talks Cool
- 'Inherent Vice' Trailer: Joaquin Phoenix Stars In Paul Thomas Anderson's Latest
- Naomi Campbell To Recur On Fox's 'Empire'; Tina Casciani Joins CW's 'Jane The Virgin'