Starz Entertainment has hired longtime HBO executive Russell Schwartz to be its SVP Business & Legal Affairs. He will be based in Los Angeles, where he will help spearhead the company’s growing Starz Originals and TV production business, which has been ramping up under CEO Chris Albrecht, a former colleague at HBO. “Russell brings to Starz a wealth of knowledge, experience, and business affairs acumen that will serve the company well as we expand our footprint into original programming,” said Steve Beabout, Starz Entertainment’s EVP, General Counsel and Secretary, who announced the hire. “Specifically, Russell has extensive experience in the premium television business from his time at HBO and has a track record of success throughout his career practicing law and in the entertainment industry.”
Starz Hires Russell Schwartz As SVP Business & Legal Affairs
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE