In a 7-figure deal, Sony Pictures has acquired an untitled royal wedding-themed pitch by (500) Days of Summer scribes Scott Neustadter and Michael Weber that will be produced by former production president Matt Tolmach. Pitch, about a girl from the Midwest who goes to the UK and winds up marrying a prince, is described as Notting Hill meets Meet the Royal Parents. Sale was brokered by CAA and Kaplan/Perrone.
Sony Pictures Acquires 7-Figure Royal Wedding Pitch From '(500) Days Of Summer' Scribes
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest Film News
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA
- ‘Madea Halloween’ Gets $28.5M Treat, ‘Jack Reacher,’ $22.8M, ‘Ouija’ Grabs $14M, ‘Joneses’ Tanks…
- Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev ‘Mortal Engines’; Directing Debut For ‘Hobbit’ VFX Protege…
- Why Does Time Warner Want To Sell To AT&T, And What Will It Mean For Media?
- Margot Robbie Near Deal To Join ‘Peter Rabbit’
- Paramount Picks Up Spec ‘Northeast Kingdom’ For Platinum Dunes; Alex R. Johnson Attached To Direct