In a 7-figure deal, Sony Pictures has acquired an untitled royal wedding-themed pitch by (500) Days of Summer scribes Scott Neustadter and Michael Weber that will be produced by former production president Matt Tolmach. Pitch, about a girl from the Midwest who goes to the UK and winds up marrying a prince, is described as Notting Hill meets Meet the Royal Parents. Sale was brokered by CAA and Kaplan/Perrone.
Sony Pictures Acquires 7-Figure Royal Wedding Pitch From '(500) Days Of Summer' Scribes
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Roy Wood Jr. To Star In Parole Officer Comedy From Trevor Noah & Aaron McGruder In Works At Comedy Central
Latest Film News
- ‘Black Panther’: Hollywood Cannot Stop Praising The Groundbreaking Marvel Blockbuster
- Oscars Street Closures: When & Where To Expect Detours, Delays
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling For Women
- Activist Organization Hosts Voter Registration Events At ‘Black Panther’ Screenings
- Blue Fox Hires Myriad Pictures’ Audrey Delaney As Marketing & Distribution SVP – Berlin
- José Padilha Lifts The Lid On ‘7 Days In Entebbe’ – Berlin