Sony Animation has picked up Instant Karma, a live action/CGI project previously at New Line. Paul Hernandez wrote the script and will direct. The plot: a misguided safecracker from New Orleans survives a near-death experience only to find himself reincarnated as a fly. He needs to perform good deeds to up his karma rating, and when he does, he moves up the flood chain by becoming such animals as a frog, raccoon and dog. His goal is to redeem himself enough to reclaim his human body and the woman he loves. Shrek and Pirates of the Caribbean scribe Terry Rossio has boarded the project as producer.
Sony Animation Gets 'Instant Karma'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Ropes $39M; 'Ninjago' Dulls Sword To $20M+; 'Friend Request' A Loner With $1.8M
Divorce Comedy With Royal Family Twist From Meghan Markle's Ex-Husband Trevor Engelson Set At Fox With Big Commitment
Latest Film News
- Fran Drescher & Peter Bogdanovich Join ‘The Creatress’; Tilda Del Toro Boards ‘Night School’; Jaden Piner Cast In ‘BOO…
- Greta Gerwig’s ‘Lady Bird’ Going A Week Earlier In November
- Rob Morrow Joins War Drama ‘The Kill Team’
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’: Aaron McCusker Cast As Freddie Mercury Boyfriend Jim Hutton
- Elaine Brown’s ‘A Taste Of Power’ About Only Woman To Lead Black Panther Party Acquired By The Firm…
- 'Jane' First Look: Doc On Jane Goodall's Early Work With Chimps Culled From 100 Hours Of Unseen Footage