Sylvester Stallone wants it known that despite reports to the contrary, he will not be directing the sequel to The Expendables. Stallone, who directed and starred in the crowd-pleasing original that grossed around $275 million for Millennium and Lionsgate, is heavily involved in putting together a list of directors to helm the second installment. That film’s being scripted and is expected to have the major action stars back — with Stallone lobbying for Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis to return after playing cameos in the first film. The film’s also expected to broaden its coterie of action heroes beyond Jason Statham, Jet Li, Mickey Rourke, Dolph Lundgren and Terry Crews, but none of those casting decisions have yet been finalized. Stallone next stars in the drama Headshot, a drama that will be directed by Walter Hill.
Sly Stallone: I'm Not Directing 'Expendables' Sequel!
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Expendables 4' Muscles Up: Sylvester Stallone Action Pic & 'Rambo 5' Sell To China In Eight-Figure Co-Fi Deal
Billboard Music Awards Ratings Hit Low, 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Finale Rises, NBA Up With Warriors' Win
Mario Batali Under Criminal Investigation By NYPD For Sexual Assault Allegations; B&B HG Sever Ties With Chef - Update
Latest Film News
- GLAAD Film Report Finds Drop In LGBTQ Representation
- ‘Under The Silver Lake’ Execs Board Iraq War Drama ‘A Brotherhood’ About Vet Whose Brother Is Kidnapped…
- ‘Peppa Pig’ & TV Content Drive Entertainment One Results But Movie Revenues Slow
- Charlize Theron To Play Megyn Kelly In Fox News Movie At Annapurna
- Sheaun McKinney Joins Joe Carnahan’s ‘Boss Level’; McKinley Belcher Cast In ‘The Art Of Racing In The Rain…
- Writer-Director Antonio Campos Signs With WME