Sylvester Stallone wants it known that despite reports to the contrary, he will not be directing the sequel to The Expendables. Stallone, who directed and starred in the crowd-pleasing original that grossed around $275 million for Millennium and Lionsgate, is heavily involved in putting together a list of directors to helm the second installment. That film’s being scripted and is expected to have the major action stars back — with Stallone lobbying for Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis to return after playing cameos in the first film. The film’s also expected to broaden its coterie of action heroes beyond Jason Statham, Jet Li, Mickey Rourke, Dolph Lundgren and Terry Crews, but none of those casting decisions have yet been finalized. Stallone next stars in the drama Headshot, a drama that will be directed by Walter Hill.
Sly Stallone: I'm Not Directing 'Expendables' Sequel!
What's Hot on Deadline
'Mr. Robot' Season 3 Finale Shocker: Sam Esmail On Tonight's Revelation, Surprise Guest & What's Next In Season 4
Latest Film News
- Global Road Entertainment Acquires Stanley Tucci-Starring Thriller ‘The Silence’
- Russo Brothers Win Sci-Fi Novel ‘The Electric State’ For ‘It’ Team Andy & Barbara Muschietti
- Lionsgate Plans English-Language ‘Instructions Not Included’ Remake; Amanda Lipitz To Direct
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers
- ‘Every Day’ Trailer: First Look At First Film Under Relaunched Orion Pictures
- Disney-Fox Deal: Shares Of Both Companies Rise As Wall Street Embraces Plan