Sylvester Stallone wants it known that despite reports to the contrary, he will not be directing the sequel to The Expendables. Stallone, who directed and starred in the crowd-pleasing original that grossed around $275 million for Millennium and Lionsgate, is heavily involved in putting together a list of directors to helm the second installment. That film’s being scripted and is expected to have the major action stars back — with Stallone lobbying for Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis to return after playing cameos in the first film. The film’s also expected to broaden its coterie of action heroes beyond Jason Statham, Jet Li, Mickey Rourke, Dolph Lundgren and Terry Crews, but none of those casting decisions have yet been finalized. Stallone next stars in the drama Headshot, a drama that will be directed by Walter Hill.
Sly Stallone: I'm Not Directing 'Expendables' Sequel!
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Roars On To Tracking, Looking To Shake Up March Records - Box Office Projection
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Pete Hammond’s Absolutely Final FINAL Academy Award Predictions In All 24 Categories
- Shia LaBeouf’s Anti-Trump Project Shut Down After Reports Of Gunfire – Update
- SXSW Apollo Documentary ‘Mission Control’ Rockets To Gravitas Ventures
- China’s Recon Buys 51% Of Millennium Films For $100M
- AMC Networks Shares Jump After Q4 Earnings Top Expectations – Update
- India Censor Denies Release Of ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’; Cites “Lady Oriented” Story