Sylvester Stallone wants it known that despite reports to the contrary, he will not be directing the sequel to The Expendables. Stallone, who directed and starred in the crowd-pleasing original that grossed around $275 million for Millennium and Lionsgate, is heavily involved in putting together a list of directors to helm the second installment. That film’s being scripted and is expected to have the major action stars back — with Stallone lobbying for Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis to return after playing cameos in the first film. The film’s also expected to broaden its coterie of action heroes beyond Jason Statham, Jet Li, Mickey Rourke, Dolph Lundgren and Terry Crews, but none of those casting decisions have yet been finalized. Stallone next stars in the drama Headshot, a drama that will be directed by Walter Hill.
Sly Stallone: I'm Not Directing 'Expendables' Sequel!
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Donald Trump Dominates Until Best Picture Snafu Steals Spotlight
- Oscars Blows It, Gives Best Picture To Wrong Film; Chaos On Stage As ‘Moonlight’ Wins
- Oscar Winners: Emma Stone, Mahershala Ali & More Take Home The Golden Statue – Photo Gallery
- For ‘Manchester By The Sea’ Oscar Winner Kenneth Lonergan, Creative Control Is A Vital Point In WGA…
- Lionsgate Roaring About Eight Oscar Night, But Not Best Pic Screwup
- Hollywood’s Mood Swing, From ‘La La Land’ To ‘Moonlight,’ Brings A New Kind Of Upset