Sylvester Stallone wants it known that despite reports to the contrary, he will not be directing the sequel to The Expendables. Stallone, who directed and starred in the crowd-pleasing original that grossed around $275 million for Millennium and Lionsgate, is heavily involved in putting together a list of directors to helm the second installment. That film’s being scripted and is expected to have the major action stars back — with Stallone lobbying for Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis to return after playing cameos in the first film. The film’s also expected to broaden its coterie of action heroes beyond Jason Statham, Jet Li, Mickey Rourke, Dolph Lundgren and Terry Crews, but none of those casting decisions have yet been finalized. Stallone next stars in the drama Headshot, a drama that will be directed by Walter Hill.
Sly Stallone: I'm Not Directing 'Expendables' Sequel!
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Trailer: Wonder Woman Saves School Children, But Is Superman Still Alive? - Comic-Con
Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy 'Saturday Night Live' Parody "Funny"; Sean Hannity Reminds Him It's Not
'Marvel's The Defenders' Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series - Comic-Con
From ‘Fauda’s Assaf Bernstein On ‘Rose Madder' To ‘The Shining’ Onstage: What’s Behind Stephen King’s Hollywood Renaissance?
Latest Film News
- Marvel’s ‘Black Panther’ Leaves A Big Footprint In Hall H – Comic-Con
- ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Trailer Stomps Into Hall H With Battling Superheroes – Comic-Con
- ‘Captain Marvel’: Samuel L. Jackson Confirmed As Nick Fury & He’ll Look Different in 1990s-Set Pic…
- Michelle Pfeiffer Is Janet Van Dyne In ‘Ant-Man And The Wasp’ – Comic-Con
- Daniel Stern Pays Tribute To ‘Home Alone’ Co-Star John Heard
- Charlize Theron Champions Female Directors & More Pics Like ‘Wonder Woman’ – Comic-Con