Sylvester Stallone wants it known that despite reports to the contrary, he will not be directing the sequel to The Expendables. Stallone, who directed and starred in the crowd-pleasing original that grossed around $275 million for Millennium and Lionsgate, is heavily involved in putting together a list of directors to helm the second installment. That film’s being scripted and is expected to have the major action stars back — with Stallone lobbying for Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis to return after playing cameos in the first film. The film’s also expected to broaden its coterie of action heroes beyond Jason Statham, Jet Li, Mickey Rourke, Dolph Lundgren and Terry Crews, but none of those casting decisions have yet been finalized. Stallone next stars in the drama Headshot, a drama that will be directed by Walter Hill.
Sly Stallone: I'm Not Directing 'Expendables' Sequel!
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
Will Big Chain Exhibitors Bypass MoviePass & Create Their Own Monthly Movie Ticket Clubs? - CinemaCon
Latest Film News
- ‘Song Of Back And Neck’ Tribeca First Look: Paul Lieberstein Makes Adjustment To Directing Movies
- Social Platform Atom Tickets Adds Harkins And Eight More Exhibitors
- Cannes Classics: Orson Welles Doc, ‘Bicycle Thieves’, ‘Big Blue’, ‘Grease’…
- Aviron Capital Backs Interactive Movie App Developer Kino Industries
- Pixar Animator Domee Shi Tackles Empty Nest Syndrome With ‘Incredibles 2’-Opening ‘Bao’…
- ‘The King’s Speech’ & ‘Wolf Hall’ Financier Hindsight Splashes On Sci-Fi Spec ‘Anima…