Sylvester Stallone wants it known that despite reports to the contrary, he will not be directing the sequel to The Expendables. Stallone, who directed and starred in the crowd-pleasing original that grossed around $275 million for Millennium and Lionsgate, is heavily involved in putting together a list of directors to helm the second installment. That film’s being scripted and is expected to have the major action stars back — with Stallone lobbying for Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis to return after playing cameos in the first film. The film’s also expected to broaden its coterie of action heroes beyond Jason Statham, Jet Li, Mickey Rourke, Dolph Lundgren and Terry Crews, but none of those casting decisions have yet been finalized. Stallone next stars in the drama Headshot, a drama that will be directed by Walter Hill.
Sly Stallone: I'm Not Directing 'Expendables' Sequel!
What's Hot on Deadline
Linda Hamilton Set To Return To 'Terminator'; Reuniting With Cameron And Schwarzenegger For Planned Trilogy
Latest Film News
- ‘Anna And The Apocalypse’ Trailer: Zombie Christmas Musical Dawns At Fantastic Fest
- Jake LaMotta Dies: ‘Raging Bull’ Boxer Was 95
- ‘Wonderstruck’ Trailer Strikes After Running Festival Gauntlet
- eOne Extends Film Distribution To Germany; Benjamina Mirnik-Voges Will Run Local Shop
- ‘Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle’ Trailer: Dwayne Johnson, Jack Black, Kevin Hart & Karen Gillan Go…
- Sony Pictures Television Buys Into Simon Pegg & Nick Frost’s Stolen Picture