Sylvester Stallone wants it known that despite reports to the contrary, he will not be directing the sequel to The Expendables. Stallone, who directed and starred in the crowd-pleasing original that grossed around $275 million for Millennium and Lionsgate, is heavily involved in putting together a list of directors to helm the second installment. That film’s being scripted and is expected to have the major action stars back — with Stallone lobbying for Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis to return after playing cameos in the first film. The film’s also expected to broaden its coterie of action heroes beyond Jason Statham, Jet Li, Mickey Rourke, Dolph Lundgren and Terry Crews, but none of those casting decisions have yet been finalized. Stallone next stars in the drama Headshot, a drama that will be directed by Walter Hill.
Sly Stallone: I'm Not Directing 'Expendables' Sequel!
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Wonders If Donald Trump Will Be POTUS By Friday After Tuesday's Bonkers Press Conference
Jimmy Fallon Gets Serious In Late-Night Monologue; Delivers Emotional Attack On Trump After Charlottesville
'Deadpool 2' Stunt Crash Victim ID'd As First African-American Female Pro Road Racer; Director & Fox "Deeply Saddened" - Update
Latest Film News
- Damien Chazelle Joins Twitter To Voice Opinion About Trump Administration, Political Climate
- Shawn Christian, Lou Ferrigno Jr., Sabina Gadecki & More Cast In Indie Film ‘Trapped’
- L.A. Film Czar Ken Ziffren Says Premium VOD For Studios Still In Limbo
- WGA West: Donald Trump “Disgraces Our Nation”; Howard Rodman Says POTUS “Should Resign”…
- Paramount Lands Blake Lively Spy Thriller ‘The Rhythm Section’ By 007 Producers & IM Global
- Abramorama Acquires ‘Bending The Arc’; Comedy Dynamics Nabs ‘Ear Buds: The Podcasting Documentary’