Sylvester Stallone wants it known that despite reports to the contrary, he will not be directing the sequel to The Expendables. Stallone, who directed and starred in the crowd-pleasing original that grossed around $275 million for Millennium and Lionsgate, is heavily involved in putting together a list of directors to helm the second installment. That film’s being scripted and is expected to have the major action stars back — with Stallone lobbying for Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis to return after playing cameos in the first film. The film’s also expected to broaden its coterie of action heroes beyond Jason Statham, Jet Li, Mickey Rourke, Dolph Lundgren and Terry Crews, but none of those casting decisions have yet been finalized. Stallone next stars in the drama Headshot, a drama that will be directed by Walter Hill.
Sly Stallone: I'm Not Directing 'Expendables' Sequel!
What's Hot on Deadline
White House Reporter Dares To Stream Audio Of White House Press Briefing Live; Republic Still Standing
Jay Leno's Final 'Tonight Show': Obama Appoints Him Ambassador To Antarctica While Billy Crystal, Oprah Winfrey, Garth Brooks And More Serenade Host: Video
'Hawaii Five-0': Ian Anthony Dale Upped To Regular, Meaghan Rath & Beulah Koale Join Cast After Shake-Up
Latest Film News
- Comic-Con: On Jack Kirby’s 100th Anniversary, Tributes To “The King Of Comics” From Stan Lee, Frank Miller, Kevin Feige, Geoff…
- ‘Only The Brave’ First Look At One-Sheet & Trailer: Story Of The Heroic Granite Mountain Hotshots
- Anne Hathaway To Star In Contained Sci-Fi Thriller ‘O2’
- ‘Brigsby Bear’ Trailer Hits Ahead Of Comic-Con Closeup
- Comic-Con Photo Gallery: ‘Legion’ & ‘Game Of Thrones’ Go Large, ‘Stranger Things’ & ‘Defenders’ Take Over Gaslamp In Annual…
- Fathom Events Owners Tap Ray Nutt To Be CEO