Simon Fuller’s XIX Entertainment will announce tomorrow morning that it has partnered with music star couple Jennifer Lopez & Marc Anthony and top music tour director and choreographer Jamie King for Q’Viva! The Chosen, a Latin-flavored performing competition reality series that had been in the works for a while. As part of the show, Lopez and Anthony will spend three months traveling the Americas to select performers — singers and dancers — from different nationalities. Their search will be documented on the show, which will be filmed in three languages and broadcast simultaneously across 21 countries in North America, Central America and South America. The producers note that they have “collaborative partnership of networks, reaching an audience of many millions of TV viewers,” but said those partners will be announced later. “This is a show for the 21st century with an unprecedented global and local story,” Lopez said. “The Latin culture is a tapestry that is rich in passion, tradition and artistry. We are going to places where all of this talent lives and wouldn’t have otherwise been discovered. This journey for me and Marc is going be exciting and groundbreaking.” Lopez is yet to commit to another season of American Idol, where she serves a judge, but Q’Viva! will probably not get in the way if she decides to do so as Idol judges have a long summer hiatus, during which Lopez could film Q’Viva!. And of course, with Fuller behind both series, production schedules could be synchronized to accommodate the actress-singer.
Simon Fuller, Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony Team With Jamie King For Trilingual Reality Series 'Q'Viva! The Chosen'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Daytime Emmys Creative Arts Winners: PBS & CBS Dominate
- USA To Redevelop ‘Brooklyn Animal Control’ Pilot, Passes On ‘Poor Richard's Almanack’
- Kelly Macdonald To Star In ‘Black Mirror’ Episode On Netflix
- Ashton Kutcher Sitcom ‘The Ranch’ Renewed For Season 2 By Netflix
- Allison Janney Revives C.J. Cregg For White House Press Briefing
- Larry Wilmore On White House Correspondents’ Dinner: “I’m Going To Open With A Yo Mama So Fat Joke”