RJ Cutler, the documentarian who directed the Anna Wintour documentary The September Issue and produced The War Room, has signed to direct Fabulous Nobodies, an adaptation of the book by Lee Tulloch. The film is expected to be Cutler’s first scripted feature, and he’ll oversee screenwriters Mark Fortin and Josh Miller. The film’s being produced by Julie Anne Quay, the former V Magazine exec editor, Gail Lyon (Erin Brockovich) and Cutler. The picture fits into his fashion passion. Fabulous Nobodies is social satire set in the 1980s downtown club scene of New York, where a group of people lived and breathed fashion before it took over the world. Cutler’s repped by WME and Mosaic.
'September Issue' Helmer RJ Cutler Fashions 'Fabulous Nobodies'
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver: Steve Bannon Ouster Unsatisfying While "Panderer To White Nationalists" He Worked For Still There
Robert De Niro Lets Loose On Bernie Madoff, How Netflix Is A Savior & Why The Emmys Should Dump On Trump
Latest Film News
- ‘Patti Cake$’ Review: A Star Is Born In Hip-Hop Charmer
- Screen Gems Lands Bodycam Cop Thriller Spec
- 1inMM Prods. Raises $5M In Funds For Genre Films
- ‘How To Be A Latin Lover’s Ken Marino To Next Helm ‘Dog Days’ For LD Entertainment
- Adam Bergerman Upped To Exec Veep, General Sales Mgr At Sony
- For Hollywood’s Film Academy, Time To Let The Thalberg Award Shine