RJ Cutler, the documentarian who directed the Anna Wintour documentary The September Issue and produced The War Room, has signed to direct Fabulous Nobodies, an adaptation of the book by Lee Tulloch. The film is expected to be Cutler’s first scripted feature, and he’ll oversee screenwriters Mark Fortin and Josh Miller. The film’s being produced by Julie Anne Quay, the former V Magazine exec editor, Gail Lyon (Erin Brockovich) and Cutler. The picture fits into his fashion passion. Fabulous Nobodies is social satire set in the 1980s downtown club scene of New York, where a group of people lived and breathed fashion before it took over the world. Cutler’s repped by WME and Mosaic.
'September Issue' Helmer RJ Cutler Fashions 'Fabulous Nobodies'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Morgan Freeman “Devastated” Over Allegations, Says “I Did Not Assault Women” In New Statement
- Conan O’Brien Casts Roger Ailes Movie: Who Will Gary Sinise Or Mick Jagger Play?
- ‘Sesame Street’ Bosses Grouchy With STX Over Melissa McCarthy Flick ‘Happytime Murders’
- ‘American Exit’ Picked Up For Distribution By Lionsgate, Grindstone Entertainment
- Haley Bennett-Starring ‘Swallow’ Rounds Out Cast
- Netflix And Telefónica Confirm Their Partnership On Twitter