RJ Cutler, the documentarian who directed the Anna Wintour documentary The September Issue and produced The War Room, has signed to direct Fabulous Nobodies, an adaptation of the book by Lee Tulloch. The film is expected to be Cutler’s first scripted feature, and he’ll oversee screenwriters Mark Fortin and Josh Miller. The film’s being produced by Julie Anne Quay, the former V Magazine exec editor, Gail Lyon (Erin Brockovich) and Cutler. The picture fits into his fashion passion. Fabulous Nobodies is social satire set in the 1980s downtown club scene of New York, where a group of people lived and breathed fashion before it took over the world. Cutler’s repped by WME and Mosaic.
'September Issue' Helmer RJ Cutler Fashions 'Fabulous Nobodies'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Murphy On '9-1-1's Ratings Success, Season 2 Details, Connie Britton's Future On the Show & Potential Spinoff Series
'The Assassination Of Gianni Versace' Season Finale: What Does Designer's Murder Mean 20 Years Later?
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Deleted Scene Features Tom Hardy, Prince Harry & Prince William As Storm Troopers
'Once Upon A Time' Series Finale: Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Josh Dallas & Emilie de Ravin Returning
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
Latest Film News
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Deleted Scene Features Tom Hardy, Prince Harry & Prince William As Storm Troopers
- On Eve Of AT&T-DOJ Trial, Media Business Weighs The Stakes
- Melina Kanakaredes To Co-Write & Produce Film Based On Life Of ‘On Death & Dying’ Author…
- Kyra Sedgwick, Jeffrey Donovan Join Dark Comedy Film ‘Villains’
- Triple Threat Alexandria Bombach Signs With UTA
- Tessa Thompson Joins Sony’s ‘Men In Black’ Offshoot