RJ Cutler, the documentarian who directed the Anna Wintour documentary The September Issue and produced The War Room, has signed to direct Fabulous Nobodies, an adaptation of the book by Lee Tulloch. The film is expected to be Cutler’s first scripted feature, and he’ll oversee screenwriters Mark Fortin and Josh Miller. The film’s being produced by Julie Anne Quay, the former V Magazine exec editor, Gail Lyon (Erin Brockovich) and Cutler. The picture fits into his fashion passion. Fabulous Nobodies is social satire set in the 1980s downtown club scene of New York, where a group of people lived and breathed fashion before it took over the world. Cutler’s repped by WME and Mosaic.
'September Issue' Helmer RJ Cutler Fashions 'Fabulous Nobodies'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15M Opening Day; 5-Day Outlook Now At $63M-$65M
'Quantico': Priyanka Chopra Among 4 Cast Members Returning For Season 3, Michael Seitzman Set As New Showrunner
Latest Film News
- ‘Marshall’ Trailer: Chadwick Boseman Stars As Pioneering Supreme Court Justice
- In Battle Of The Film Festivals, Telluride Comes Into Town And Upstages LAFF In Its Own Backyard
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Running Out Of Gas With $15M Opening Day; 5-Day Outlook Now At $63M-$65M
- New Leadership Coming To WGA West: President Howard Rodman Won’t Seek Re-Election
- Barry Levinson On ‘Wizard Of Lies’, Bernie Madoff And The Modern American Crime
- Focus Lands Joel Edgerton’s ‘Boy Erased’; Lucas Hedges, Russell Crowe, Nicole Kidman Star