RJ Cutler, the documentarian who directed the Anna Wintour documentary The September Issue and produced The War Room, has signed to direct Fabulous Nobodies, an adaptation of the book by Lee Tulloch. The film is expected to be Cutler’s first scripted feature, and he’ll oversee screenwriters Mark Fortin and Josh Miller. The film’s being produced by Julie Anne Quay, the former V Magazine exec editor, Gail Lyon (Erin Brockovich) and Cutler. The picture fits into his fashion passion. Fabulous Nobodies is social satire set in the 1980s downtown club scene of New York, where a group of people lived and breathed fashion before it took over the world. Cutler’s repped by WME and Mosaic.
'September Issue' Helmer RJ Cutler Fashions 'Fabulous Nobodies'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Empire' Ratings Fall To Low As Dolly Parton Movie Wins In Viewers; 'Arrow' Hits Season Highs With Mega-Crossover
'Supergirl'-'Flash'-'Arrow'-'Legends' Crossover Review: CW's Latest Team-Up Strongest & Most Ambitious Yet
Latest Film News
- Don Calfa Dies: ‘Return Of The Living Dead’ & ‘Barney Miller’ Actor Was 76
- Ellie Bamber & Justin Chon Head To ‘Taipei’
- Alibaba Pictures Senior Executive Detained By Chinese Authorities
- Natalie Portman Is First Lady in Oscar-Hopeful 'Jackie' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Harry Potter And The Cursed Child’ Snatches Broadway’s Lyric Theatre
- Andrew Sachs Dies: ‘Fawlty Towers’ Star Was 86