RJ Cutler, the documentarian who directed the Anna Wintour documentary The September Issue and produced The War Room, has signed to direct Fabulous Nobodies, an adaptation of the book by Lee Tulloch. The film is expected to be Cutler’s first scripted feature, and he’ll oversee screenwriters Mark Fortin and Josh Miller. The film’s being produced by Julie Anne Quay, the former V Magazine exec editor, Gail Lyon (Erin Brockovich) and Cutler. The picture fits into his fashion passion. Fabulous Nobodies is social satire set in the 1980s downtown club scene of New York, where a group of people lived and breathed fashion before it took over the world. Cutler’s repped by WME and Mosaic.
'September Issue' Helmer RJ Cutler Fashions 'Fabulous Nobodies'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Mr. Robot' Season 3 Finale Shocker: Sam Esmail On Tonight's Revelation, Surprise Guest & What's Next In Season 4
ABC Pulls 'The Great American Baking Show' & Axes Judge Johnny Iuzzini Amid Sexual Misconduct Allegations
Latest Film News
- Lionsgate Plans English-Language ‘Instructions Not Included’ Remake; Amanda Lipitz To Direct
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers
- ‘Every Day’ Trailer: First Look At First Film Under Relaunched Orion Pictures
- Disney-Fox Deal: Shares Of Both Companies Rise As Wall Street Embraces Plan
- Fox: A 20th & 21st Century Timeline Of Key Moments Under The Murdochs
- Clint Eastwood’s ‘15:17 To Paris’ Rating Changed To PG-13 After Appeal