RJ Cutler, the documentarian who directed the Anna Wintour documentary The September Issue and produced The War Room, has signed to direct Fabulous Nobodies, an adaptation of the book by Lee Tulloch. The film is expected to be Cutler’s first scripted feature, and he’ll oversee screenwriters Mark Fortin and Josh Miller. The film’s being produced by Julie Anne Quay, the former V Magazine exec editor, Gail Lyon (Erin Brockovich) and Cutler. The picture fits into his fashion passion. Fabulous Nobodies is social satire set in the 1980s downtown club scene of New York, where a group of people lived and breathed fashion before it took over the world. Cutler’s repped by WME and Mosaic.
'September Issue' Helmer RJ Cutler Fashions 'Fabulous Nobodies'
What's Hot on Deadline
ABC Orders Drama Pilots 'The Good Doctor' & 'Doomsday' From David Shore, Daniel Dae Kim & Carol Mendesohn
Latest Film News
- Ewan McGregor Scraps UK Talk Show Visit Over Piers Morgan Women’s March Barbs
- Roman Polanski Pulls Out Of César Awards After Outcry From French Women’s Groups
- ‘Rogue One’ Blasts Past $1B At Global Box Office; ‘Moana’ Sails To $500M+
- ‘XXX: Return Of Xander Cage’ Muscles Into #1 With $51.5M – International Box Office
- How Jack Black Transformed Into ‘The Polka King’ – Sundance Studio
- Netflix Acquires Sundance Closer ‘The Incredible Jessica James’