Scott Sherr has been promoted to EVP, worldwide marketing and distribution for Sony Pictures Entertainment Worldwide Marketing and Distribution. The appointment was made by Rory Bruer, president of Worldwide Distribution for Sony Pictures Releasing. Sherr will continue to negotiate deals and guide Sony’s theatrical digital delivery stategy, where he has been integral to operation and financial activities related to the shift from 35 mm film to digital distribution. He’s also involved in 3D releasing strategies and emerging technologies.
Scott Sherr Upped To EVP For Sony Pictures Worldwide Marketing & Distribution
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
Latest Film News
- ‘Isle Of Dogs’: Fox Searchlight Fetches 2018 Date For Wes Anderson’s All-Star Toon
- WGA Establishes Strike Fund In Preparation For Walkout
- ‘Star Wars,’ ‘Frozen 2’ And ‘The Lion King’: Disney Unleashes A Barrage Of Release Dates
- WWE Ring Titan Vince McMahon Getting His Close-Up With ‘Pandemonium’
- IFC Midnight Nabs ‘Darkness Rising’; Music Box Tunes Up ‘Chavela’ Docu
- Roman Polanski Rape Victim Joins Director’s Latest Effort For U.S. Return