Scott Sherr has been promoted to EVP, worldwide marketing and distribution for Sony Pictures Entertainment Worldwide Marketing and Distribution. The appointment was made by Rory Bruer, president of Worldwide Distribution for Sony Pictures Releasing. Sherr will continue to negotiate deals and guide Sony’s theatrical digital delivery stategy, where he has been integral to operation and financial activities related to the shift from 35 mm film to digital distribution. He’s also involved in 3D releasing strategies and emerging technologies.
Scott Sherr Upped To EVP For Sony Pictures Worldwide Marketing & Distribution
What's Hot on Deadline
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- Oscar’s Best Picture Screwup: The Real Story, As Pricewaterhouse Takes Blame
- ‘Moonlight’ Wins Best Picture Oscar … In A Do-Over – Deadline’s Live Blog
- And The Winner For Grandest Oscar Party Invite…
- Oscars Scorecard: Wins By Film & Studio
- Oscars: Donald Trump Dominates Until Best Picture Snafu Steals Spotlight
- Oscars Blows It, Gives Best Picture To Wrong Film; Chaos On Stage As ‘Moonlight’ Wins