Salil Mehta has been promoted to the newly created position of Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer of NBCUniversal’s Entertainment & Digital Networks and Integrated Media division (E&DN/IM). For the past three years, Mehta has served as President, Business Operations, Strategy and Development for NBCUniversal. He managed negotiations for NBCU’s purchase of The Weather Channel; played a key role the creation of A&E Television Networks, a merger of A&E and Lifetime in which NBCU has an interest; as well as the sale of the company’s Sundance Channel unit to Rainbow Media Holdings. Most recently, he also was a key player in NBCUniversal’s integration with Comcast. “Salil spent nearly a year leading the integration efforts between NBCUniversal and Comcast, so I had the chance to work with him closely,” said NBCU CEO Steve Burke. “Salil is an expert problem solver and a great executive.” In his new role, Mehta will oversee all day-to-day operations, finance, legal and business affairs, business development and strategic planning for E&DN/IM’s entire portfolio, which includes Telemundo, mun2, Bravo Media, Oxygen Media and Style and the digital properties iVillage, DailyCandy, Swirl and Fandango. He also will have direct oversight of NBCU’s partially owned cable networks Sprout, ExerciseTV and TVOne. Mehta will report to the division’s chairman Lauren Zalaznick.
Salil Mehta Named COO/CFO Of NBCU Entertainment & Digital Networks
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Comedy Central Orders '@DadBoner' Animated Pilot Based On Twitter Feed
- NBC Nabs Kari Lizer Mom Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- HBO Ups Amy Gravitt, Nick Hall, David Levine & Francesca Orsi To SVP
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'