Salil Mehta has been promoted to the newly created position of Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer of NBCUniversal’s Entertainment & Digital Networks and Integrated Media division (E&DN/IM). For the past three years, Mehta has served as President, Business Operations, Strategy and Development for NBCUniversal. He managed negotiations for NBCU’s purchase of The Weather Channel; played a key role the creation of A&E Television Networks, a merger of A&E and Lifetime in which NBCU has an interest; as well as the sale of the company’s Sundance Channel unit to Rainbow Media Holdings. Most recently, he also was a key player in NBCUniversal’s integration with Comcast. “Salil spent nearly a year leading the integration efforts between NBCUniversal and Comcast, so I had the chance to work with him closely,” said NBCU CEO Steve Burke. “Salil is an expert problem solver and a great executive.” In his new role, Mehta will oversee all day-to-day operations, finance, legal and business affairs, business development and strategic planning for E&DN/IM’s entire portfolio, which includes Telemundo, mun2, Bravo Media, Oxygen Media and Style and the digital properties iVillage, DailyCandy, Swirl and Fandango. He also will have direct oversight of NBCU’s partially owned cable networks Sprout, ExerciseTV and TVOne. Mehta will report to the division’s chairman Lauren Zalaznick.
Salil Mehta Named COO/CFO Of NBCU Entertainment & Digital Networks
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete' Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres