Tyler Perry has set Rebecca Romijn for Good Deeds, the film that Perry will next direct for Lionsgate for 34th Street Films. Shooting starts April 25 in Atlanta. Romijn will play a former corporate executive who prefers motherhood. Perry plays the title character, Glen Deeds. The film also will star Thandie Newton, Phylicia Rashad, Gabrielle Union, Brian White, Eddie Cibrian, and Jamie Kennedy. Romijn is best known for playing the Mystique role in the X-Men movies. That doesn’t seem all that long ago, but the role is being played by The Hunger Games‘ Jennifer Lawrence in the prequel X-Men: First Class, which Fox releases in June. Romijn is repped by 3 Arts and UTA.
Rebecca Romijn Joins Tyler Perry's 'Good Deeds'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Dax Shepard Driving Warner Bros 'CHiPS' Film; Michael Pena To Play Ponch
- 'GOT's Emilia Clarke, 'Hunger Games' Sam Claflin To Star In MGM's 'Me Before You'
- Holy Macau…Casino Short Film Lineup: Scorsese, De Niro, DiCaprio, Pitt
- Venice Spotlight: Ami Canaan Mann On 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur