Tyler Perry has set Rebecca Romijn for Good Deeds, the film that Perry will next direct for Lionsgate for 34th Street Films. Shooting starts April 25 in Atlanta. Romijn will play a former corporate executive who prefers motherhood. Perry plays the title character, Glen Deeds. The film also will star Thandie Newton, Phylicia Rashad, Gabrielle Union, Brian White, Eddie Cibrian, and Jamie Kennedy. Romijn is best known for playing the Mystique role in the X-Men movies. That doesn’t seem all that long ago, but the role is being played by The Hunger Games‘ Jennifer Lawrence in the prequel X-Men: First Class, which Fox releases in June. Romijn is repped by 3 Arts and UTA.
Rebecca Romijn Joins Tyler Perry's 'Good Deeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest Film News
- Gravitas Ventures Grabs ‘Bieber Generation’ Docu; Freestyle Digital Media Acquires ‘Live Or Die In La Honda…
- The 16-Year Journey To Release For Duncan Jones And ‘Mute’ – Q&A
- ‘Goosebumps 2’: Madison Iseman, Ben O'Brien, Caleel Harris & Jeremy Ray Taylor Set As Leads
- Skydance Media Taps ‘Tangled’s Nathan Greno In Multiyear Deal, Will Direct ‘Powerless’
- Global Road Entertainment Acquires Action Thriller ‘Hotel Artemis,’ Ensemble Led By Jodie Foster
- ‘Dunkirk’ Cinematographer Hoyte Van Hoytema On Christopher Nolan’s Visceral Approach To Cinema