Tyler Perry has set Rebecca Romijn for Good Deeds, the film that Perry will next direct for Lionsgate for 34th Street Films. Shooting starts April 25 in Atlanta. Romijn will play a former corporate executive who prefers motherhood. Perry plays the title character, Glen Deeds. The film also will star Thandie Newton, Phylicia Rashad, Gabrielle Union, Brian White, Eddie Cibrian, and Jamie Kennedy. Romijn is best known for playing the Mystique role in the X-Men movies. That doesn’t seem all that long ago, but the role is being played by The Hunger Games‘ Jennifer Lawrence in the prequel X-Men: First Class, which Fox releases in June. Romijn is repped by 3 Arts and UTA.
Rebecca Romijn Joins Tyler Perry's 'Good Deeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Angry Birds’ Helmer Clay Kaytis Aligned With Amblin’s ‘The Lunch Witch’
- Nancy Travis Cast In ‘Bernard And Huey’; Jonathan Baker To Co-Star In ‘Inconceivable’
- Justin Lin Picked To Steer ‘Hot Wheels’
- Ilene Chaiken, Betsy Beers & More Set For Women In Entertainment Summit
- Roy Orbison Biopic In Works; Ray Gideon & Bruce Evans To Write Script
- ‘Denial’ Review: Rachel Weisz Stars In Powerful True Story Of Demagogue’s Libel Trial That Has Eerie Echoes…