Tyler Perry has set Rebecca Romijn for Good Deeds, the film that Perry will next direct for Lionsgate for 34th Street Films. Shooting starts April 25 in Atlanta. Romijn will play a former corporate executive who prefers motherhood. Perry plays the title character, Glen Deeds. The film also will star Thandie Newton, Phylicia Rashad, Gabrielle Union, Brian White, Eddie Cibrian, and Jamie Kennedy. Romijn is best known for playing the Mystique role in the X-Men movies. That doesn’t seem all that long ago, but the role is being played by The Hunger Games‘ Jennifer Lawrence in the prequel X-Men: First Class, which Fox releases in June. Romijn is repped by 3 Arts and UTA.
Rebecca Romijn Joins Tyler Perry's 'Good Deeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
WGA Awards: 'Spotlight' & 'The Big Short' Take Marquee Film Honors; 'Mad Men', 'Veep' & 'Mr. Robot' Top TV - Full List
Latest Film News
- WGA Awards: ‘Spotlight’ & ‘The Big Short’ Take Marquee Film Honors; ‘Mad Men’, ‘Veep’ & ‘Mr. Robot’ Top TV…
- Deadline’s 2016 WGA Awards Live Blog
- Paramount Closes Domestic Deal For George Clooney’s ‘Suburbicon’- Berlin
- Vertical Entertainment Catches Worldwide Rights To Baseball Pic ‘Undrafted’
- Nigel Lythgoe To Exec Produce Dance Pic ‘Tackling Romeo’ – Berlin
- Focus Features Makes Big Berlin Deal; $9 Million For Interracial Marriage Drama ‘Loving’