Tyler Perry has set Rebecca Romijn for Good Deeds, the film that Perry will next direct for Lionsgate for 34th Street Films. Shooting starts April 25 in Atlanta. Romijn will play a former corporate executive who prefers motherhood. Perry plays the title character, Glen Deeds. The film also will star Thandie Newton, Phylicia Rashad, Gabrielle Union, Brian White, Eddie Cibrian, and Jamie Kennedy. Romijn is best known for playing the Mystique role in the X-Men movies. That doesn’t seem all that long ago, but the role is being played by The Hunger Games‘ Jennifer Lawrence in the prequel X-Men: First Class, which Fox releases in June. Romijn is repped by 3 Arts and UTA.
Rebecca Romijn Joins Tyler Perry's 'Good Deeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
ABC Orders Drama Pilots 'The Good Doctor' & 'Doomsday' From David Shore, Daniel Dae Kim & Carol Mendesohn
Latest Film News
- Oscar Nominee & EGOT Contender Lin-Manuel Miranda Staying Put In “The Heights”
- ‘La La’, Diversity, Meryl, Mel & Lots Of Worthy Movies Overshadow Academy’s Weird Oscar…
- ‘Patti Cake$’ Spits Rhymes, Beguiles Park City, Readies For Big Time – Sundance Studio
- Alfre Woodard On “Universal Story” Of ‘Burning Sands’ & Netflix Barrier Breaking…
- ‘Patti Cake$’ Near Deal To Fox Searchlight For $10.5M – Sundance
- Oscars: ‘Tanna’ Marks First Foreign Language Nomination For Australia