Tyler Perry has set Rebecca Romijn for Good Deeds, the film that Perry will next direct for Lionsgate for 34th Street Films. Shooting starts April 25 in Atlanta. Romijn will play a former corporate executive who prefers motherhood. Perry plays the title character, Glen Deeds. The film also will star Thandie Newton, Phylicia Rashad, Gabrielle Union, Brian White, Eddie Cibrian, and Jamie Kennedy. Romijn is best known for playing the Mystique role in the X-Men movies. That doesn’t seem all that long ago, but the role is being played by The Hunger Games‘ Jennifer Lawrence in the prequel X-Men: First Class, which Fox releases in June. Romijn is repped by 3 Arts and UTA.
Rebecca Romijn Joins Tyler Perry's 'Good Deeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
'X-Men: Apocalypse' Firing Off $90M, 'Alice' Taking A Spill With $40M Over 4-Day Memorial Day Holiday - Noon Update
Daniel Craig And Katherine Heigl Finalizing Deals To Join Steven Soderbergh's 'Logan Lucky' As James Bond News Surfaces
Latest Film News
- Viacom’s Battle With Sumner Redstone Could Hurt Credit, S&P Says
- ‘Carnage Park’ Gets Summer Release Date From IFC Midnight
- Johnny Depp’s Wife Amber Heard Granted Restraining Order As Disney’s ‘Alice’ 2 Bows
- Thora Birch, Johnny Knoxville Join Phillip Noyce’s ‘Above Suspicion’
- ‘Warcraft’ Game With $9.3M Start In Early Offshore Openings – Intl Box Office
- Angela Paton Dies: ‘Groundhog Day’ Actress Was 86