Tyler Perry has set Rebecca Romijn for Good Deeds, the film that Perry will next direct for Lionsgate for 34th Street Films. Shooting starts April 25 in Atlanta. Romijn will play a former corporate executive who prefers motherhood. Perry plays the title character, Glen Deeds. The film also will star Thandie Newton, Phylicia Rashad, Gabrielle Union, Brian White, Eddie Cibrian, and Jamie Kennedy. Romijn is best known for playing the Mystique role in the X-Men movies. That doesn’t seem all that long ago, but the role is being played by The Hunger Games‘ Jennifer Lawrence in the prequel X-Men: First Class, which Fox releases in June. Romijn is repped by 3 Arts and UTA.
Rebecca Romijn Joins Tyler Perry's 'Good Deeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
January Slows As 'Jumanji' Takes No. 1 For 3rd Weekend With $19M+; Older Guy Pics '12 Strong' & 'Den Of Thieves' In Mid Teens
Latest Film News
- ‘Project Cre8’: BET’s Nationwide Search For America’s Undiscovered Filmmaker Open For Submissions
- Deadline Studio at Sundance 2018 – Day 1 – Paul Rudd, Jane Fonda, Gus Van Sant, Andrea Riseborough, Ted Danson…
- Marc Munden To Helm ‘The Secret Garden’ For David Heyman & Studiocanal
- ‘Maude’ Director/Star On Female Filmmakers That Have “Always Done It All” — Sundance Studio
- Soderbergh, Credit Card Debt & An Unreleased Movie: Joe & Anthony Russo Recall Slamdance Debut Pic ‘Pieces’
- Documentarian Jeremiah Zagar Tackled Complicated Coming-Of-Age Story With ‘We The Animals’…