Tyler Perry has set Rebecca Romijn for Good Deeds, the film that Perry will next direct for Lionsgate for 34th Street Films. Shooting starts April 25 in Atlanta. Romijn will play a former corporate executive who prefers motherhood. Perry plays the title character, Glen Deeds. The film also will star Thandie Newton, Phylicia Rashad, Gabrielle Union, Brian White, Eddie Cibrian, and Jamie Kennedy. Romijn is best known for playing the Mystique role in the X-Men movies. That doesn’t seem all that long ago, but the role is being played by The Hunger Games‘ Jennifer Lawrence in the prequel X-Men: First Class, which Fox releases in June. Romijn is repped by 3 Arts and UTA.
Rebecca Romijn Joins Tyler Perry's 'Good Deeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
As 'Inferno' Crosses $100M Overseas, Ron Howard Movie Hopes To Light Fire Stateside - Box Office Preview
Latest Film News
- Kevin Costner Sues Kylin Pictures For $3.85M Over ‘Shanghai Sojourners’ Breach
- Janet Patterson Dies: Costume Designer & Jane Campion Regular Was Four-Time Oscar Nominee
- Ludacris To Star In Indie BMX Action Drama ‘Ride’
- ‘Moonlight’ Review: Moving Story Of Self-Discovery Should Resonate At Oscar Time
- Colin Firth & Ged Doherty Take Lessons From ‘Filmmaking For Dummies’ To Hatch Two Genuine Oscar Contenders
- AMC Entertainment’s Bid For Carmike Wins Shareholder Advisory Firm’s Support