It seems like the fate of new CBS series Chaos was sealed the day the network announced that the comedic CIA drama it fought so hard to pick up to series last summer was being assigned the Friday 8 PM slot. Chaos quietly premiered last night with a 1.1/4 in adults 18-49 and 6.4 million viewers. Its 18-49 rating was below the averages for Medium and The Defenders in the time period this season. It ties CBS’ season low in the hour with first-run fare, posted by a Defenders episode. At 8 PM, Chaos finished behind ABC’s Shark Tank (1.2/5, flat with last week) and NBC’s Who Do You Think You Are? (1.2/5, down a tenth) in 18-49 and tied with Fox’s Kitchen Nightmares repeat. In total viewers, the CBS dramedy was No. 1 in the hour. CBS’ other Friday series, CSI: NY (1.7/6, 10.3 million) and Blue Bloods (1.7/5, 10.7 million), returned down after a hiatus to make room for CBS’ NCAA coverage. CSI: NY was down 11% in 18-49 vs. its last original, Blue Bloods was down 6%. CBS (1.5/5, 9.1 million) still won the night in viewers and 18-49, edging ABC (1.4/5, 5.3 million) in the demo. Among the newsmagazines, a two-hour 20/20 on ABC (1.5/5) was up a tenth from last week’s hourlong edition, while NBC’s two-hour Dateline (1.3/4) was down 28%.
RATINGS RAT RACE: Slow Start For 'Chaos'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Adapting Korean Geriatric Travel Reality Series With Craig Zadan, Neil Meron
- Netflix Nabs Rights To New Drama 'Gotham' In Precedent-Setting Deal
- ABC Buys Parents Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- Fox's 'Gang Related' Cancelled After Summer Run
- Ensemble Friends Comedy Produced By Jason Winer Lands At NBC As Put Pilot
- Netflix Renews 'Hemlock Grove' For Third And Final Season