It seems like the fate of new CBS series Chaos was sealed the day the network announced that the comedic CIA drama it fought so hard to pick up to series last summer was being assigned the Friday 8 PM slot. Chaos quietly premiered last night with a 1.1/4 in adults 18-49 and 6.4 million viewers. Its 18-49 rating was below the averages for Medium and The Defenders in the time period this season. It ties CBS’ season low in the hour with first-run fare, posted by a Defenders episode. At 8 PM, Chaos finished behind ABC’s Shark Tank (1.2/5, flat with last week) and NBC’s Who Do You Think You Are? (1.2/5, down a tenth) in 18-49 and tied with Fox’s Kitchen Nightmares repeat. In total viewers, the CBS dramedy was No. 1 in the hour. CBS’ other Friday series, CSI: NY (1.7/6, 10.3 million) and Blue Bloods (1.7/5, 10.7 million), returned down after a hiatus to make room for CBS’ NCAA coverage. CSI: NY was down 11% in 18-49 vs. its last original, Blue Bloods was down 6%. CBS (1.5/5, 9.1 million) still won the night in viewers and 18-49, edging ABC (1.4/5, 5.3 million) in the demo. Among the newsmagazines, a two-hour 20/20 on ABC (1.5/5) was up a tenth from last week’s hourlong edition, while NBC’s two-hour Dateline (1.3/4) was down 28%.
RATINGS RAT RACE: Slow Start For 'Chaos'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Bouncing To $300M+; 'Power Rangers' Pummels 'Life' & 'CHIPS' - Midday B.O. Update
'Justice League' Teaser Trailers Recruit Wonder Woman, Cyborg; They Join Batman, Aquaman & The Flash - Update
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher Gets No Smiles From Tyranny Expert: “I’m Not Going To Laugh At Any Of That”
- WGA “Broke Off Negotiations,” Producers Claim As Strike Vote Looms
- WGA Negotiators Call For Strike-Authorization Vote – Read The Letter
- NABET Members Voting On New ABC Contract
- ‘Inside the FBI: New York’: First Promo & Premiere Date For Dick Wolf’s USA Network Docuseries
- Fox News Fires Its Longtime Comptroller