It seems like the fate of new CBS series Chaos was sealed the day the network announced that the comedic CIA drama it fought so hard to pick up to series last summer was being assigned the Friday 8 PM slot. Chaos quietly premiered last night with a 1.1/4 in adults 18-49 and 6.4 million viewers. Its 18-49 rating was below the averages for Medium and The Defenders in the time period this season. It ties CBS’ season low in the hour with first-run fare, posted by a Defenders episode. At 8 PM, Chaos finished behind ABC’s Shark Tank (1.2/5, flat with last week) and NBC’s Who Do You Think You Are? (1.2/5, down a tenth) in 18-49 and tied with Fox’s Kitchen Nightmares repeat. In total viewers, the CBS dramedy was No. 1 in the hour. CBS’ other Friday series, CSI: NY (1.7/6, 10.3 million) and Blue Bloods (1.7/5, 10.7 million), returned down after a hiatus to make room for CBS’ NCAA coverage. CSI: NY was down 11% in 18-49 vs. its last original, Blue Bloods was down 6%. CBS (1.5/5, 9.1 million) still won the night in viewers and 18-49, edging ABC (1.4/5, 5.3 million) in the demo. Among the newsmagazines, a two-hour 20/20 on ABC (1.5/5) was up a tenth from last week’s hourlong edition, while NBC’s two-hour Dateline (1.3/4) was down 28%.
RATINGS RAT RACE: Slow Start For 'Chaos'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
George & Amal Clooney Joined By Katzenbergs In $500,000 Donations To March For Our Lives: Will Others In Hollywood Follow?
Latest TV News
- ‘Good Girls’ & ‘McMafia’ Review: NBC Series Is Aces; No Nutrition In AMC Drama
- Lauren Cohan To Star In ‘Whiskey Cavalier’ ABC Pilot, Could Return To ‘Walking Dead’
- Netflix Orders ‘Tuca & Bertie’ Animated Series Starring Tiffany Haddish From ‘Bojack…
- Bill Gates To Guest Star In ‘The Big Bang Theory’
- Katie Holmes To Star In Ilene Chaiken & Melissa Scrivner Love’s Fox Drama Pilot
- Mel Gibson, Robert Towne, Mike Medavoy Team On ‘Dancing Bear’ For USA Network