The Easter tale of resurrection also translated to primetime TV, with most shows rebounding nicely on Easter Sunday after across-the-board declines last week. ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (2.2/6) was up 10% from last Sunday, Desperate Housewives (2.9/8) up 7% and Brothers and Sisters (1.9/5) up 12%. The increases were especially important for veterans EMHE and Brothers & Sisters, which are on the bubble list. ABC won the night in the demo with an average of 2.2/6. It drew 7.7 million viewers, second to CBS’ 9.1 million. In the 18-49 demo, the eye network finished third, with The Amazing Race (2.5/7), up 7%, and the movie Hallmark Hall of Fame: Beyond The Blackboard (1.3/3). NBC’s America’s Next Great Restaurant (1.2/3) was flat with last week, while Celebrity Apprentice (2.9/8) was up 12% from last week’s series low as its star Donald Trump continues to make headlines with his presidential ambitions. Fox had a The Simpsons-themed night with two back-to-back reruns of the veteran series (0.9/3) and a rebroadcast of The Simpsons Movie (1.4/4).
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Celebrity Apprentice' And 'Brothers & Sisters' Lead Easter Gains
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'