The Easter tale of resurrection also translated to primetime TV, with most shows rebounding nicely on Easter Sunday after across-the-board declines last week. ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (2.2/6) was up 10% from last Sunday, Desperate Housewives (2.9/8) up 7% and Brothers and Sisters (1.9/5) up 12%. The increases were especially important for veterans EMHE and Brothers & Sisters, which are on the bubble list. ABC won the night in the demo with an average of 2.2/6. It drew 7.7 million viewers, second to CBS’ 9.1 million. In the 18-49 demo, the eye network finished third, with The Amazing Race (2.5/7), up 7%, and the movie Hallmark Hall of Fame: Beyond The Blackboard (1.3/3). NBC’s America’s Next Great Restaurant (1.2/3) was flat with last week, while Celebrity Apprentice (2.9/8) was up 12% from last week’s series low as its star Donald Trump continues to make headlines with his presidential ambitions. Fox had a The Simpsons-themed night with two back-to-back reruns of the veteran series (0.9/3) and a rebroadcast of The Simpsons Movie (1.4/4).
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Celebrity Apprentice' And 'Brothers & Sisters' Lead Easter Gains
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- Obama Declines To Dance For Ellen DeGeneres’ Show; Republic Still Standing
- ‘Good Place’ NBC Comedy Series Casts William Jackson Harper
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar To Star In Fox Pilot ‘Pitch’
- CBS Comedy Pilot 'Superior Donuts' Casts Maz Jobrani
- Laura Dern To Star In HBO Death Row Drama In Development From Alex Gibney
- CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016