If you were trying to sneak in that last-minute meeting at Sony Pictures before heading off for the holiday, think about rescheduling. President Barack Obama will be coming to the lot for a Democratic National Committee fundraiser. Security considerations and restrictions of movement will prompt the studio to close at 2 PM today, but the promise of gridlock in Culver City and security considerations in general has led many to plan to make themselves scarce a lot earlier than that. The lot is closed tomorrow for Good Friday.
President Obama Appearance Prompts Early Sony Exits
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
More From Fleming Jr
- MGM Nabs Hot Pitch 'Cop Swap'; Rematch With 'Hot Tub Time Machine' Helmer Steve Pink
- Rich Green Jumps To ICM Partners; Top Book-To-Film Rights Broker Leaves Resolution
- TPG Spends $225 Million In Deal That Ups Stake In CAA To 53%
- Lionsgate, Tribeca Team For Subscription VOD Launch
- Bart & Fleming: WB's Spandex OD; Ebola The Series; Neil Patrick Harris Near EGOT
- Netflix & Leonardo DiCaprio Team On 'Virunga' Documentary Release