Patrick Warburton has landed a role in Ted, the Seth MacFarlane-directed Universal Pictures/Media Rights Capital comedy that stars Mark Wahlberg as a man who wishes his teddy bear to life and then uses the talking slacker toy to get in the way of committing to his long-suffering girlfriend (played by Mila Kunis). Warburton will play Guy, the sexually confused co-worker of John (Wahlberg) at the Enterprise Rent-A-Car front office. But the fix was in on this one. I have read the script, and when Guy is first introduced, the character is described as “a burly Patrick Warburton type.” So it’s possible that MacFarlane knew all along he’d be casting Warburton, who has long been part of the Family Guy voice cast along with MacFarlane and Kunis. Giovanni Ribisi and Joel McHale are also in the film, and MacFarlane portrays the walking, talking teddy bear. Warburton, who stars on the CBS sitcom Rules of Engagement, is also part of the upcoming Weinstein Co. film Hoodwinked Too! Hood Vs. Evil. He’s repped by ICM and Gallant Management.
Patrick Warburton Lands Custom-Fit 'Ted' Role
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- The First ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Trailer Hits Like A Punch To The Head
- Kevin Costner To Narrate MMA Doc ‘Hurt Business’; Kickboxer Remake Sequel A Go
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Transgender Response To The Film…
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?