Patrick Warburton has landed a role in Ted, the Seth MacFarlane-directed Universal Pictures/Media Rights Capital comedy that stars Mark Wahlberg as a man who wishes his teddy bear to life and then uses the talking slacker toy to get in the way of committing to his long-suffering girlfriend (played by Mila Kunis). Warburton will play Guy, the sexually confused co-worker of John (Wahlberg) at the Enterprise Rent-A-Car front office. But the fix was in on this one. I have read the script, and when Guy is first introduced, the character is described as “a burly Patrick Warburton type.” So it’s possible that MacFarlane knew all along he’d be casting Warburton, who has long been part of the Family Guy voice cast along with MacFarlane and Kunis. Giovanni Ribisi and Joel McHale are also in the film, and MacFarlane portrays the walking, talking teddy bear. Warburton, who stars on the CBS sitcom Rules of Engagement, is also part of the upcoming Weinstein Co. film Hoodwinked Too! Hood Vs. Evil. He’s repped by ICM and Gallant Management.
Patrick Warburton Lands Custom-Fit 'Ted' Role
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Dog's Purpose' Producer "Horrified" Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott Of Film
'A Dog's Purpose' Director Lasse Hallstrom & Voice Actor Josh Gad Upset Over "Disturbing" Video Of Terrified Dog
Steve Mnuchin On China, The FBI And Relativity, Cayman Island Accounts -- Confirmation Hearing Updated Final
Latest Film News
- Miguel Ferrer Dies: ‘NCIS: Los Angeles’ & ‘Crossing Jordan’ Star Was 61
- What’s Your Gut: Are The Oscars Headed For A ‘Hollywood Ending’?
- Brazilian Filmmaker Kleber Mendonca Filho Inks With ICM Partners
- Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But “Depressed” About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
- Anne Hathaway, Rebel Wilson Are The 'Nasty Women' In MGM's 'Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’ Remake
- ‘My Life As A Zucchini’ Trailer: Will Forte & Ellen Page Voice English-Language Version