Scott Garner, most recently Senior Vice President of Planning, Scheduling & Acquisitions at Lifetime Networks, is moving to OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network as SVP Scheduling & Acquisitions. He will be responsible for strategic planning and scheduling at the channel, along with off-network, first-run and feature acquisitions. “Scott’s extensive experience at Lifetime and Disney makes him a tremendous addition to OWN,” said OWN’s John MacDonald, COO and EVP programming and digital, to whom Garner will report. “He is a terrific strategic thinker, and his thoughtful approach to OWN’s overall programming will be invaluable in today’s dynamic media environment.” At Lifetime, Garner acquired How I Met Your Mother and New Adventures of Old Christine and helped launch Army Wives, Drop Dead Diva and Project Runway. Before that, he was a programming exec at Disney Channel Worldwide.
OWN Taps Lifetime's Scott Garner As SVP Scheduling & Acquisitions
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest TV News
- ‘Nashville’ Adds ‘Harry Potter’ Alum Christian Coulson As Recurring
- Kwame Patterson Joins TNT Pilot ‘Monsters Of God’
- Wendi McLendon-Covey Teams With ‘The McCarthys’ Creator For ABC Hotel Comedy Based On Her Experiences
- Nielsen Set To Measure Out-Of-Home TV Viewing For First Time
- ‘Red Oaks’ Appropriately Channels The ’80s In Faux TV Promo
- Donald Trump’s Debate 3 Performance Outstrips Cubs Game To Win Social Race