Scott Garner, most recently Senior Vice President of Planning, Scheduling & Acquisitions at Lifetime Networks, is moving to OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network as SVP Scheduling & Acquisitions. He will be responsible for strategic planning and scheduling at the channel, along with off-network, first-run and feature acquisitions. “Scott’s extensive experience at Lifetime and Disney makes him a tremendous addition to OWN,” said OWN’s John MacDonald, COO and EVP programming and digital, to whom Garner will report. “He is a terrific strategic thinker, and his thoughtful approach to OWN’s overall programming will be invaluable in today’s dynamic media environment.” At Lifetime, Garner acquired How I Met Your Mother and New Adventures of Old Christine and helped launch Army Wives, Drop Dead Diva and Project Runway. Before that, he was a programming exec at Disney Channel Worldwide.
OWN Taps Lifetime's Scott Garner As SVP Scheduling & Acquisitions
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series