Scott Garner, most recently Senior Vice President of Planning, Scheduling & Acquisitions at Lifetime Networks, is moving to OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network as SVP Scheduling & Acquisitions. He will be responsible for strategic planning and scheduling at the channel, along with off-network, first-run and feature acquisitions. “Scott’s extensive experience at Lifetime and Disney makes him a tremendous addition to OWN,” said OWN’s John MacDonald, COO and EVP programming and digital, to whom Garner will report. “He is a terrific strategic thinker, and his thoughtful approach to OWN’s overall programming will be invaluable in today’s dynamic media environment.” At Lifetime, Garner acquired How I Met Your Mother and New Adventures of Old Christine and helped launch Army Wives, Drop Dead Diva and Project Runway. Before that, he was a programming exec at Disney Channel Worldwide.
OWN Taps Lifetime's Scott Garner As SVP Scheduling & Acquisitions
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'