Scott Garner, most recently Senior Vice President of Planning, Scheduling & Acquisitions at Lifetime Networks, is moving to OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network as SVP Scheduling & Acquisitions. He will be responsible for strategic planning and scheduling at the channel, along with off-network, first-run and feature acquisitions. “Scott’s extensive experience at Lifetime and Disney makes him a tremendous addition to OWN,” said OWN’s John MacDonald, COO and EVP programming and digital, to whom Garner will report. “He is a terrific strategic thinker, and his thoughtful approach to OWN’s overall programming will be invaluable in today’s dynamic media environment.” At Lifetime, Garner acquired How I Met Your Mother and New Adventures of Old Christine and helped launch Army Wives, Drop Dead Diva and Project Runway. Before that, he was a programming exec at Disney Channel Worldwide.
OWN Taps Lifetime's Scott Garner As SVP Scheduling & Acquisitions
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' [Video]
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake