Gotti: Three Generations, the John Gotti biopic that indie production company Fiore Films announced last week, has lost director Nick Cassavetes, who had been attached but apparently has a scheduling conflict with another film. The Gotti project, which will star John Travolta as the Dapper Don as well as Joe Pesci and possibly Lindsay Lohan, was set to go into production in October with an eye on a 2012 release. During last week’s press conference, executive producer Marc Fiore said he will self-finance the film, though he declined to say how much will be budgeted. Cassavetes, who attended the media gathering last week with Travolta and Fiore, is currently directing the indie drama Yellow, which stars Sienna Miller and Ben Foster.
Nick Cassavetes Is Out As 'Gotti' Director
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa
- No Hollywood Credits For Obama IP Czar Nominee
- Hot Trailer: Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater'
- David Hyde Pierce Joins 'The Good Wife' In Recurring Role