After entering the original programming arena recently with the David Fincher/Kevin Spacey series House of Cards, online streaming giant Netflix is now entering another area previously reserved for TV networks, off-network syndication. Netflix has signed an exclusive syndication deal with Mad Men producer Lionsgate to stream up to seven seasons of the Emmy-winning AMC drama. Under the pact, the first four seasons of Mad Men will be available on Netflix’s Watch Instantly service beginning on July 27. Additional seasons will be added as they finish airing on AMC. The news comes days after AMC officially renewed Mad Men for 2 more seasons and Lionsgate TV locked in Mad Men creator Matt Weiner for three more years, effectively assuring that Mad Men would go to 7 seasons.
Netflix Pacts With Lionsgate To Stream 'Mad Men'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Downton Abbey' Finale: Exec Producer Gareth Neame On Allen Leech & Lily James' Future, Season 7 & That Proposal
More From Andreeva
- KaDee Strickland To Topline CBS Pilot ‘Doubt’
- Christine Lahti Joins ABC Pilot ‘The Adversaries’
- PILOT SEASON 2015: The Overachievers
- Wilmer Valderrama Joins ‘Minority Report’
- Malcolm-Jamal Warner Cast In Fox Comedy Pilot ’48 Hours ‘Til Monday’
- Mireille Enos To Star In Shondaland ABC Pilot ‘The Catch’