After entering the original programming arena recently with the David Fincher/Kevin Spacey series House of Cards, online streaming giant Netflix is now entering another area previously reserved for TV networks, off-network syndication. Netflix has signed an exclusive syndication deal with Mad Men producer Lionsgate to stream up to seven seasons of the Emmy-winning AMC drama. Under the pact, the first four seasons of Mad Men will be available on Netflix’s Watch Instantly service beginning on July 27. Additional seasons will be added as they finish airing on AMC. The news comes days after AMC officially renewed Mad Men for 2 more seasons and Lionsgate TV locked in Mad Men creator Matt Weiner for three more years, effectively assuring that Mad Men would go to 7 seasons.
Netflix Pacts With Lionsgate To Stream 'Mad Men'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Michael Paull Leaves Amazon To Become CEO Of MLB & Disney’s BAMTech
- Donald Trump Addresses Anti-Semitism After Criticism, During Museum Visit
- Stephen Colbert Details Massacres That Have Not Occurred Since Donald Trump Took Office
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump’s Past Few Years In Office Have Only Been One Month
- Greta Van Susteren To Donald Trump: “Back Off”
- Harold Lloyd Pics To Be Animated; INTV Adds Li Ruigang Keynote – Global Briefs