After entering the original programming arena recently with the David Fincher/Kevin Spacey series House of Cards, online streaming giant Netflix is now entering another area previously reserved for TV networks, off-network syndication. Netflix has signed an exclusive syndication deal with Mad Men producer Lionsgate to stream up to seven seasons of the Emmy-winning AMC drama. Under the pact, the first four seasons of Mad Men will be available on Netflix’s Watch Instantly service beginning on July 27. Additional seasons will be added as they finish airing on AMC. The news comes days after AMC officially renewed Mad Men for 2 more seasons and Lionsgate TV locked in Mad Men creator Matt Weiner for three more years, effectively assuring that Mad Men would go to 7 seasons.
Netflix Pacts With Lionsgate To Stream 'Mad Men'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- AMPTP To Stuntwomen: If You See Something, Say Something
- WGA Contract Talks Coming Down To Wire
- Amazon Near Pickups Of Comedy Pilots From Michael Patrick King, George Saunders & Diarra Kilpatrick
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Casts Raney Branch; Falk Hentschel Joins ‘The Alienist’
- Justice Department Settles Suit Over DirecTV’s Effort To Keep Dodgers Games Dark – Update
- Final Member Of Movie & Music Counterfeiting Ring Sentenced To Prison