Eight months after its original premiere date, NBC’s hourlong anthology comedy Love Bites will debut in its original Thursday 10 PM time slot. Love Bites‘ premiere is set for June 2. Once a high-flying prospect, Love Bites was prominently featured at NBC’s updront presentation last May when it was assigned the Thursday 10 PM slot for fall. But in the summer, the series was pushed to midseason after a series of setbacks, including the pregnancy of star Becki Newton, the decision by creator/executive producer Cindy Chupack to step down from day-to-day showrunner duties and the exit of the other original star, Jordana Spiro, because of her commitment to TBS’ My Boys. The order for the show was subsequently cut from 13 to 9. With The Paul Reiser Show recently launching for what became a two-week run and Love Bites getting slated, comedy Friends With Benefits now remains the only freshman NBC comedy that has not been scheduled yet. Meanwhile, Newton has a pilot in second position, CBS’ untitled Filgos comedy, which could be picked up to series before Love Bites premieres. And Love Bites co-star Greg Grunberg toplines A&E’s pilot Big Mike, but his deal for the NBC series was only for one season.
NBC's 'Love Bites' To Premiere In June
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'