Eight months after its original premiere date, NBC’s hourlong anthology comedy Love Bites will debut in its original Thursday 10 PM time slot. Love Bites‘ premiere is set for June 2. Once a high-flying prospect, Love Bites was prominently featured at NBC’s updront presentation last May when it was assigned the Thursday 10 PM slot for fall. But in the summer, the series was pushed to midseason after a series of setbacks, including the pregnancy of star Becki Newton, the decision by creator/executive producer Cindy Chupack to step down from day-to-day showrunner duties and the exit of the other original star, Jordana Spiro, because of her commitment to TBS’ My Boys. The order for the show was subsequently cut from 13 to 9. With The Paul Reiser Show recently launching for what became a two-week run and Love Bites getting slated, comedy Friends With Benefits now remains the only freshman NBC comedy that has not been scheduled yet. Meanwhile, Newton has a pilot in second position, CBS’ untitled Filgos comedy, which could be picked up to series before Love Bites premieres. And Love Bites co-star Greg Grunberg toplines A&E’s pilot Big Mike, but his deal for the NBC series was only for one season.
NBC's 'Love Bites' To Premiere In June
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup