EXCLUSIVE: Murderball helmer Henry-Alex Rubin will make his narrative feature directing debut on Disconnect, a drama being financed by Liddell Entertainment and Wonderful Films. Scripted by Andrew Stern, Disconnect tells the linked stories of a group of contemporary characters searching for human connection in a wired world. Mickey Liddell, Jennifer Hilton and William Horberg are producing, while Marc Forster and Brad Simpson are exec producers. A fall start is planned. Rubin recently won the 2011 British Arrow Award for top TV commercial, for a T-Mobile spot he helmed for Saatchi & Saatchi. Rubin’s repped by CAA and Management 360.
'Murderball' Helmer Henry-Alex Rubin Takes On 'Disconnect'
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest Film News
- ‘Lion’ Nabs Best International Film At Evening Standard British Film Awards
- ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Trailer: Web Wings, Teen Angst, And A First Look At The Vulture
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: AFI Narrows The Race; ‘La La’ Hits L.A.; Jeff Bezos Throws A Party ‘By The Sea’; Tom Ford…
- Leonardo DiCaprio Meets Donald Trump, Snags Follow-Up And Twitter Snarks
- ‘Interrogation’ Director Vetri Maaran Details Sensitivity To On-Screen Violence: India’s Oscar Entry
- ‘Lion’ Director Garth Davis On His Journey Through Saroo Brierley’s Life & Rooney Mara’s…