EXCLUSIVE: Murderball helmer Henry-Alex Rubin will make his narrative feature directing debut on Disconnect, a drama being financed by Liddell Entertainment and Wonderful Films. Scripted by Andrew Stern, Disconnect tells the linked stories of a group of contemporary characters searching for human connection in a wired world. Mickey Liddell, Jennifer Hilton and William Horberg are producing, while Marc Forster and Brad Simpson are exec producers. A fall start is planned. Rubin recently won the 2011 British Arrow Award for top TV commercial, for a T-Mobile spot he helmed for Saatchi & Saatchi. Rubin’s repped by CAA and Management 360.
'Murderball' Helmer Henry-Alex Rubin Takes On 'Disconnect'
What's Hot on Deadline
PGA Awards: 'Birdman' Wins Top Film Prize, 'Breaking Bad' Takes Drama Trophy & 'Orange Is The New Black' Nabs Comedy
'American Sniper' Praised By Michael Moore; Calls Bradley Cooper's Performance "One Of The Best Of The Year" - Update
More From Fleming Jr
- Nicole Kidman-Starrer ‘Strangerland’ Selling To Alchemy: Sundance
- A24 Closing On ‘The Witch': Sundance
- UPDATE: Relativity Sticks The Landing: $3 Million For Sundance Opener ‘The Bronze’
- Vertical Climbs Into Distribution With ‘Dial A Prayer’ Deal
- Tom Bernard, Luc Robitaille Among Those In Sunday Hockey Game: Sundance
- Warner Bros Plots ‘The Jetsons’ Animated Feature; Matt Lieberman Writing