EXCLUSIVE: Murderball helmer Henry-Alex Rubin will make his narrative feature directing debut on Disconnect, a drama being financed by Liddell Entertainment and Wonderful Films. Scripted by Andrew Stern, Disconnect tells the linked stories of a group of contemporary characters searching for human connection in a wired world. Mickey Liddell, Jennifer Hilton and William Horberg are producing, while Marc Forster and Brad Simpson are exec producers. A fall start is planned. Rubin recently won the 2011 British Arrow Award for top TV commercial, for a T-Mobile spot he helmed for Saatchi & Saatchi. Rubin’s repped by CAA and Management 360.
'Murderball' Helmer Henry-Alex Rubin Takes On 'Disconnect'
What's Hot on Deadline
Lionsgate Plans 17 Films For 2017, Says 'Star Wars' Grabbed $50M-$100M From 'Mockingjay 2'; Stock Falls 27%
Latest Film News
- ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ Rules Soft Super Bowl Weekend With $20M; Auds Give $11M To ‘Caesar’ – Late Night…
- Diversity Debate Underscores 2016 NAACP Image Awards As Oscar Snubs Win Big
- The 2016 NAACP Image Awards Winners: ‘Creed’, ‘Black-Ish’ Clean Up While ‘Compton’ Wins…
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Campaigns Turn Serious In The Race That Is TOO CLOSE TO CALL
- Ed Helms, Amanda Seyfried Lead Cast Of Comedy ‘The Clapper’
- Thai Prison Fighting Drama ‘Champion’ Coming From Storyscape & Pioneer